Cadets and bankruptcy

1 hour ago, FormerXyloWhiz said:

There is actually, theoretically, the tiniest of windows possible for the corps to come back at some point.

The bankruptcy does not end the case.  Just because the judge won't let them out as a Defendant doesn't mean they have been "found liable" so to speak for the past transgressions of the corps specifically as a legal standard going forward.  CAE could still technically prevail on this particular case and incident and be found not liable for it.  If the basis of that decision, as a judicial order takes it a step further specifically on the record declaring that they are not liable for the former orgs in any way, an astronomically against the odds revival has a possibility in the future.

That said, I highly doubt that's how it would go.  Far more likely that any CAE win would just find them not liable for the incident alone (there are decent arguments to be made here outside the legacy question).  It's even less likely I think that this thing ever makes it to a trial so such a thing could even occur.

So - it's still theoretically possible, sure.  Exceedingly slim chance IMO.

it was said elsewhere the lawyer had others waiting in the wings. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

literally the name has zero value because if you own it, and new claims were to come up, guess who has to deal with it?

it's damaged goods. there's far more negative to trying again then to actually try again.

I guess time will tell. That's if anyone tries to bring it back. As I said it was not new when many predicted it could never make the field again...it did.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

at the time it first came out, YEA dragged their feet on doing anything about him, making DCI basically threatening to lower the boom. then the whole mess of old board new board, resign, quit.....i am amazed they survived 18 let alone after 18. 

if there is any video of the corps performance in Allentown from 18...not the backside video at the zpull, but the actual Flo feed, i'd love to see it. it was magic.

agree

3 hours ago, BigW said:

Honesty and transparency is something I was raised to have and live by.

Same.

3 hours ago, BigW said:

The total lack of that at one point killed my corps.

I worry about my own for this same reason.

3 hours ago, BigW said:

This stuff has to stop. I'd add more but I have to eat/meds and get to work. A lot of things I experienced as a 16 year old kid who wanted nothing more than to play my axx off in a Corps have caused me to reflect on all of this, let me tell you. Later on that.

I would appreciate reading that here or in a private message.

5 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Your right as far as the activity is not close to proving anything but BOY has it changed and way more aware than the past. It has to start somewhere and needs to IMO. Is burning down everything without moving forward the answer , I guess that can be a heated debate.

Maybe not be an arson, but seriously consider walking away? (Speaking personally)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

7 hours ago, FormerXyloWhiz said:

Well they better be recent - because the window of waived statutes of limitations is closed I believe.

i dont know the specifics but i know it was said here by someone reputable

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

literally the name has zero value because if you own it, and new claims were to come up, guess who has to deal with it?

it's damaged goods. there's far more negative to trying again then to actually try again.

Agreed, if someone really had the plan and means to start a corps, they're better off creating their own brand for these exact reasons.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2024 at 3:36 PM, Brian Tuma said:

It’s not really the flex he makes out to be. No 15 yo teenager has the brain or emotional development to consent.

My “Me Too” moment occurred when I was a 16 year old drum major marching in the Lacrosse, WI Octoberfest parade in 1977. I was accosted by a drunk woman who proceeded to feel me up and then called me a little f’n f****t when I didn’t respond to her to her expectations. No one came to my defense, as a matter of fact people egged her on. If it happened today I would own the city of LaCrosse. 

I do not see how that was a flex.  It was with another guy.  I deleted the post anyway as I should have considered some people could be triggered.