Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

48 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

My Debbie Downer prediction....

Finals will not be at the Oil Can due to delays with the turf.

:tugowar:

This is the reason I am going to so many shows outside of Finals this year. Unfortunately, two of them are Annapolis, MD (Now TBD) and Houston (Coming Soon).

:wall:

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I have my finals tickets, but haven't made my hotel reservations just yet. Do we know if Bloomington is indeed the backup plan, or just a hunch at this time?

I’m just guessing because of what happened in 2008.  I think they told us in April that time but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m just guessing because of what happened in 2008.  I think they told us in April that time but I could be wrong. 

Gotcha! Makes sense. I will hold out on hotel rooms for a little longer. 

Regarding finals, I am assuming if they had to move venues, those of us that have purchased our tickets, do we get first crack at choosing seats at the new venue, wa there also a price change in the tickets? 

Obviously 2008 was 16 years ago and policies/rules changed alot, but how did that process work back then?

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Regarding finals, I am assuming if they had to move venues, those of us that have purchased our tickets, do we get first crack at choosing seats at the new venue, wa there also a price change in the tickets? 

Obviously 2008 was 16 years ago and policies/rules changed alot, but how did that process work back then?

The email I received when they announced the Annapolis change included a comment that I would have an opportunity to buy at whatever new venue  before they went on sale to the general public.  I have to believe Finals would be the same situation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The email I received when they announced the Annapolis change included a comment that I would have an opportunity to buy at whatever new venue  before they went on sale to the general public.  I have to believe Finals would be the same situation.

Thanks brother!

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Exactly. And I will take it a step further. Even if someone does manage to knock it off BD this year (And it could very well happen) can that same corps or someone else comeback and beat BD again in 2025? 

Because even if BD loses this year, we know what happens the following year, place your bets for BD to comeback and molly whop the competition in 2025.

Sure, someone will take brass, drums, or even take GE from the Devils, and good for them. Deserved and earned.

But until we see it otherwise on a consistent basis, BD is the favorite to win it all every year, and they are in a tier of their own, whether people like it or want to accept it or not. 

As I read the recaps, in this era you may not have to beat BD in Visual but it sure helps, and you probably have to take at least one visual subcaption to keep it close. Then you have to close the deal by beating them in GE and Music in aggregate.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I was still sitting with our friends in the front row then so he handled it.  When they were renovating JBC Allentown, I had upper deck tickets and that ended up being closed for renovations.  They invalidated my original tickets and sent me some pretty lousy seats.  I ended up donating them to Cavaliers and said they’re not great seats so just give them away.  I didn’t go there at all and went to San Antonio instead.  So I guess the short answer is I don’t know.  I could end up with crap seats if this happens. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 2

I’m going to be optimistic and predict the renovations will be done on time. Don’t most contractors face fines if work isn’t completed by the agreed upon date? The work only involves resurfacing, correct? Seems like that would be a straightforward job. 

25 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I’m going to be optimistic and predict the renovations will be done on time. Don’t most contractors face fines if work isn’t completed by the agreed upon date? The work only involves resurfacing, correct? Seems like that would be a straightforward job. 

Aren't they digging then filling a whole #### swimming pool?  or will the pool be built on the surface somehow?  having an above ground olympic size pool seems weird.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I have my finals tickets, but haven't made my hotel reservations just yet. Do we know if Bloomington is indeed the backup plan, or just a hunch at this time?

Make reservations in both places that offer free cancellations and go from there.

• Thanks 2