Problems Scheduling Multiple Shows

42 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

This is the venue in Bristol where the show was held until 2015. The Cranston show was in a city and held there in 2016-18. The stadium in Cranston was probably a bit larger though not as long as Bristol. Bristol also allowed people to bring lawn chairs and sit on the grass for really cheap seats. Cranston had drum corps fans, most of whom probably went to the BAC show and Beanpot, both of which took place about the same time. Bristol had seasoned fans as well as folks who happened to be in Bristol for the festivities. Bristol/Cranston show wasn’t exactly cancelled. DCI offered an earlier date. If the organizers wanted an early date, the show would have been held, but the date they were given was late June and with all the preparation for the many events of July 4th in Bristol, the late June date was not possible. Now there’s no early season New England shows.

1 hour ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Here's a street-view look at Bristol- 14 rows technically, but very tiny overall and the stands are in need of some major refurbishment.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oM8tGsg6NXBS5LXd9

11 hours ago, Galen said:

Here's a street-view look at Bristol- 14 rows technically, but very tiny overall and the stands are in need of some major refurbishment.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oM8tGsg6NXBS5LXd9

Not only is it a tiny venue with low seating, but it has a natural grass field which ALWAYS  featured tall, unmowed grass.  It was a terrible site, and the only reason corps even went there was due to the Bristol 4th of July parade, which was one of the highest paying parades for DCI corps in the country.  The last year I was on staff with BAC we got paid $5000, and that was nearly 30 years ago!

2 hours ago, TenHut said:

Is this a reflection on the new DCI Director? He doesn't have corps experience does he? Not a good start or look.

i dont think Nate has anything to do with it. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i dont think Nate has anything to do with it. 

DCI has taken legal position that what they do is schedule shows/manage the tour.  Nate is in charge of DCI.   As Harry Truman noted, ‘The Buck Stops Here’.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI has taken legal position that what they do is schedule shows/manage the tour.  Nate is in charge of DCI.   As Harry Truman noted, ‘The Buck Stops Here’.  

yes. however Nate is involved in many things, and when it comes to show schedules, i am sure he's more involved in the ones DCI runs all by themselves. i mean like Annapolis....not his fault, the stadium had something else. Now did DCI know about this when the schedule was announced? Don't know. Remember, we were all go for Lucas Oil in 2008 until oops we weren't

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. however Nate is involved in many things, and when it comes to show schedules, i am sure he's more involved in the ones DCI runs all by themselves. i mean like Annapolis....not his fault, the stadium had something else. Now did DCI know about this when the schedule was announced? Don't know. Remember, we were all go for Lucas Oil in 2008 until oops we weren't

Also. Who IS the host group for Annapolis this season?  It's USBands on the site but it's always been heavily a Cadets thing.  Are the people who have the longstanding communication lines with Navy still doing that for DCI for this show?  Or has that connection been a bit eroded?  I dunno?

33 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Also. Who IS the host group for Annapolis this season?  It's USBands on the site but it's always been heavily a Cadets thing.  Are the people who have the longstanding communication lines with Navy still doing that for DCI for this show?  Or has that connection been a bit eroded?  I dunno?

BD owns US Bands & BD is scheduled to appear, so maybe BD?

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

We didn’t find out until April.