Is this true?

DCC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I always wonder about it.  How does the guy feel who normally plays the drum set part?

On the other hand, doesn't it add a certain amount of street-cred when a main stream musician wants to be a part of DCA. I'm sure it would be wierd for someone if they were taking their part.

As an addition and not a replacement, I'm not so sure it would be all that odd. Is it any different than getting some junior corps member to fill a hole that has been there all season or to replace a late season member loss?

If 10 more people pay their $45 to see Steve Gadd or Maynard or freakin' Prez Prado, is that bad? Those are probably 10 more people who would have never seen a drum corps show. If 2 of them become life long fans, that's 2 more butts in saets that weren't there before and will be there for a long time to come.

If true,  it will be a novelty!

What troubles me is the Statesmen management thinking they need to rely upon a gimmick to focus more attention upon their regular corps.  Actually, it will take attention AWAY from the corps, and I don't think the regular weekly judges are so gullible as to be influenced.

What's on tap for next year?  A naked Britney Spears as drum major?

<**>

david wouldn't look good in a catholic school girl skirt, and Poodle would kill everyone in his way to touch Britney

What's on tap for next year?  A naked Britney Spears as drum major?

That will never happen.

But bring on Annika Sorenstam! ^0^

Fran

It may not make any difference to the crowd watching if a guy is brought in just for Finals as a ringer. I feel this is a big slap in the face to your team. We all know how close a corps becomes over the course of a season and just how much work gets put into a show. So now after months of this family creating and honing their show the "management" is going to bring in a ringer for your last show.... let alone pay him for the honor after everyone else has plunked down a season's worth of dues and other expenses. I don't care if it is fair, I mean we're talking about a JUDGED activity exactly how fair is it ever? But how would you feel if you were one of the rank and file who put your heart and soul into the season and have this happen? I know how I'd feel. But then again I'm not a big fan of soloists lunchboxing on the sideline for an entire show just so they can scream, so there you go.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna say it. I am not marching anywhere this summer, so I can feel free in saying this:

Steve Gadd....another Crusader that goes over to the Blue Team (if this is at ALL true what is being said on this thread).

There, I've said it. Flame away.

Edited by cru3rdbari