3 Shows with EMOTION

I don't have the decades of Drum Corps viewing experience that many forum members have, so I'm going to take a slightly different approach to the notion of "emotion" than what the OP talked about. For me, something that is emotional is something that makes me want to cry, whether out of sadness, happiness, sweetness, etcetera. So...recent shows that generated that kind of emotion in me are the following:

2014 Blue Knights "That One Second"

2012 Bluecoats "UnMasqued"

I didn't see the next show live, but ####...you can FEEL the emotion just by watching the video.

2008 Phantom Regiment "Spartacus"

BAC 1999,00. 01,(02),03,05,010,12,13,14.

Edited by emc2

A resurrected thread that I didn't answer the frist time around:

1. 1980 27th Lancers: 1980 was the first summer with my driver's license so I could drive to shows and was old enough to go with friends rather than organized groups or adults as chaperones. Anytime I watch the show I'm 17 and own the world. Besides that, it's an amazing show and still tugs all the right heart strings.

2. 2000 "Red" Boston Crusaders: All that BAC had to do to finally place in finals comes to mind when I see this show again and again. Those who thought 99 was a fluke were proven wrong with this show that is still a phenomenal show.

3. 1999 Madison "Jesus Christ, Superstar" If I either watch or listen to this show and the conditions are right, I still get goose bumps when they get louder and louder.

Since this thread was posted years ago, I will give a shout out to three shows of more recent years: 2013 Carolina Crown, 2011 Phantom, and 2014 Bluecoats.

• Like 1

For me it's:

SCV 1997

Blue Devils 1994

Cadets 1995

Into the Light - Phantom Regiment 2010

Miss Saigon - SCV 1991

Fiddler on the Roof - SCV 1992

Edited by Nachfolger Christi

Modern:

PR 2010

BK 2014

Bloo 2012

Not Modern:

PR 1991

SCV 1989 (has emotional value for me)

PR 1993

• Like 1

3 is too few. But 3 that quickly come to mind:

2007 Blue Devils " Winged Victory "

1980 27th Lancers

1995 Madison Scouts " A Drum Corps Fan's Dream : a Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter ".

Edited by BRASSO

Troopers 1979

27th Lancers alumni 1994

Madison Scouts alumni 2006

Blue Knights 2014 and Madison Scouts 2013 are the only two shows where after I saw them live, I was overwhelmed emotionally. Blue Knights on a personal connection level having lost grandparents recently, and Madison in that they did such a great, respectful, and impactful job in what they were trying to portray. Those are the only two I can say have ever "truly" hit me right in the feels.

Edited by DrumManTx

Man This is tough!!

87 Santa Clara Vanguard

91 Phantom Regiment Rookie year in Drum Corps that year and first time i saw the Opener Nessun Dorma while on Tour I was hooked.

93 Phantom Regiment