Paetec Park - Rochester

Food will not be a problem I dont think...Red Osier Roast Beef as well.

Donny

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food will not be a problem I dont think...Red Osier Roast Beef as well.

Donny

point me in the direction of that place DA!!

:whistle:

Cozy...

I think you are talking about Al's Stand. They have the best steak sandwiches and sausage sandwiches et al...with a special type of hot sauce, that is way different than Nick Tahou's which of course is a 'must visit' to anybody NOT from Rochester.

And Benny is again correct...Roncone's and Rocky's are BOTH outstanding. Rocky's is known for the tripe.

Zwiegle's hot dogs are NO JOKE!!!.

Donny

Mmmm...Nick Tahou's... :whistle:

I believe Roncone's is the restaurant I was trying to recall earlier. Thanks. I can drive there, but didn't remember the name. Lyell I remember. If Parkway deadends a couple blocks west at a field where I recall practicing, and Roncone's is on the SW corner, then Bingo!

You are absolutly correct Cozy. Parkway starts at Lyell Avenue and ends about 4 blocks north at Bloss Street, right in front of Edgerton Park, hence the name Parkway. Edgerton Park Stadium is always used by some corps whenever there is a show in Rochester. Back in the 50's I remember watching Prince, Archie, Reilly and many others practice there before the shows at Aquinas/Holinder Stadium. The only thing you have incorrect is your compass. Roncone's is South of Edgerton Park and sits on the Northeast corner of Lyell and Parkway. Al's Stand is one block East of Parkway on Bloss St. at the corner of Saratoga Ave.

As Donny said, you won't go hungry in Rochester. We haven't even mentioned Antonetta's on Jay St. yet, tell em Donny.

BTW, nobody in Rochester drinks Genny Cream Ale, we call it "Green Death". Labatts Blue is the beer of choice around these parts, with Yeuglings coming on fast. :whistle:

You are absolutly correct Cozy. Parkway starts at Lyell Avenue and ends about 4 blocks north at Bloss Street, right in front of Edgerton Park, hence the name Parkway. Edgerton Park Stadium is always used by some corps whenever there is a show in Rochester. Back in the 50's I remember watching Prince, Archie, Reilly and many others practice there before the shows at Aquinas/Holinder Stadium. The only thing you have incorrect is your compass. Roncone's is South of Edgerton Park and sits on the Northeast corner of Lyell and Parkway. Al's Stand is one block East of Parkway on Bloss St. at the corner of Saratoga Ave.

As Donny said, you won't go hungry in Rochester. We haven't even mentioned Antonetta's on Jay St. yet, tell em Donny.

BTW, nobody in Rochester drinks Genny Cream Ale, we call it "Green Death". Labatts Blue is the beer of choice around these parts, with Yeuglings coming on fast. :tic:

Good to know about the Labatts connection. The Erie TBIRDS have their own version of the "Blue Man Group" b**bs b**bs

great i am hungry

so i'm not the only one who has had that happen from this thread. :tic:

BTW, nobody in Rochester drinks Genny Cream Ale, we call it "Green Death". Labatts Blue is the beer of choice around these parts, with Yeuglings coming on fast. :tic:

Ahhh, Vitamin Blue. :D

it is thanks to the fine people of Rachacha that i fell in love with Labatt's.

it is thanks to the fine people of Rachacha that i fell in love with Labatt's.

Ah yes, but it was all us folk from S. Ontario that insisted on Labatt's Blue being on hand or we wouldn't march south of the border. And don't even mention Molson's because that's a Montreal beer, (maybe consumed more in the Syracuse area?)