Belated Review of DCA

Just pointing out the obvious here, but if men in Kilts were to march 4 to 5's at 180 bpm, I think we'd be getting more of a show than we paid for, dontchathink?

:)

Went "true" for one show last year and the wind was kicking up pretty good. Never again, too much stress!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be you made it look easier. odd that you do better in the box than on the field....as for the Kiltie style and judges understanding, to me it would seem the Kilt would almost be like the bell bottom at cabs...an advantage rather than a distraction.

I think the Kick Pleats make being out of synch more obvious. But that is just my opinion. Kind of like watching a color guard with no flag attached to the pole and then watching the same routine with the flag on the pole. More to look at to gauge synchronicity.

Back to the topic......all bias aside, I think Hawthorne earned some new fans Labor Day Weekend.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

No joke! I had a lot of respect for the Kilties at Prelims this year! hey were loading and unloading next to us, and I kept thinking (as the wind tried to rip my contra out of my hands) how much it must suck to be in a kilt right about now.

I wonder what those unis are like in the summer though... not sure if they'd be more comfortable than a traditional corps uniform (the kind with pants) or not. Cause I know that traditional kilts are not entirely light or cool.

Went "true" for one show last year and the wind was kicking up pretty good. Never again, too much stress!

wuss ;)

CJT

No joke! I had a lot of respect for the Kilties at Prelims this year! hey were loading and unloading next to us, and I kept thinking (as the wind tried to rip my contra out of my hands) how much it must suck to be in a kilt right about now.

I wonder what those unis are like in the summer though... not sure if they'd be more comfortable than a traditional corps uniform (the kind with pants) or not. Cause I know that traditional kilts are not entirely light or cool.

They're pretty heavy (even though they're not traditional one-piece, meaning that the kilt and plaid over the shoulder are not all one piece) and the rain adds 5 pounds (Once soaked, it smells like a wet dog) but it's not the kilt that gets hot to me. Rather, the knee-sox, shoes, and spats layered on my feet.

Some folks DO think the kilts are hot so they get "summer" kilts with lighter wool.

CJT

EDIT: PS - sorry for going OT. back ON topic, thank you for the kind words. Everyone in the corps, as far as i know, is extremely happy with the outcome of our season even though we didn't breakdown the door to Top-10-dom. We made GREAT strides as a corps and as a family together this year and i look forward to moving ahead again in 2007. www.kilties.org ... BE A PART OF IT!

Edited by StevensGrip