Rules Proposals

2007.2 - Raise membership to 150  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Pass?

• Yes
    • No

IMO the things he has proposed have been good for drum corps...as have the items from Fiedler and Gibbs the past few years.

"Hopkins: "It's ALL Good"?":

Are you nuts? Really.......... <**> Good for HOPKINS maybe, and his crusade to DESTROY the "Drum Corps" activity with his "Running Watrer", etc, etc,........

Elphaba

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you nuts? Really.......... <**> Good for HOPKINS maybe, and his crusade to DESTROY the "Drum Corps" activity with his "Running Watrer", etc, etc,........

Elphaba

:doh::music::doh:

Elphaba

Am I nuts? Well, I am responding to this post, so maybe I am....

George is not looking to destroy drum corps...he is looking to it's long term survival and doing what he can to keep it going. You may not agree with his POV, but that's just too bad.

Am I nuts? Well, I am responding to this post, so maybe I am....

George is not looking to destroy drum corps...he is looking to it's long term survival and doing what he can to keep it going. You may not agree with his POV, but that's just too bad.

Apparently it is just too bad because he always seems to get his way. Oh the activity may well survive in name, but there will be nothing to distinguish it from marching band.

I know, I know. Drum corps is marching band. But not all marching band is drum corps. Under the new liberal defenition, then all marching band could be considered a drum corps. Every HS and college marching band could say they are a drum corps. Sorry, not in my book. Not now, not ever.

George doesn't want to destroy drum corps, but he wants to add everything in the universe from electronics, woodwinds, and God knows what else into it...

He's becoming the Richard Wagner of drum corps...

Mike, add all of this #### into drum corps and you destroy it...there are 2 musical components right now...brass and percussion

If you add woodwinds and electronics, the brass and percussion will no longer be the primary focus anymore...it's foolish to think otherwise

Add all of this non-brass and non-percussion formulae, it, by definition, is no longer a drum corps

If he gets his way, he is, indeed, destroying drum corps...or, at the very least, he's perverting it into something that could be called anything BUT drum corps

It's kind of hard to call something a drum corps when God knows how many other facets are added into it..

Brass and percussion will no longer be the root...these other "features" will not be accessories...they will become entities unto themselves

Clearly George doesn't give a ####

Edited by JMS0527

Don't you see what this is all about? This isn't about louder corps. This is about adding woodwinds. Hoppy has always wanted them. He knows he needs more people to successfully field them. This has been no secret.
Beatme to it.

I've said it before and I'll say it now. Adding more members wll make it easier to pass Hoppy's endless WW and mic (which he needs for the WW's) proposals.

George doesn't want to destroy drum corps, but he wants to add everything in the universe from electronics, woodwinds, and God knows what else into it...

He's becoming the Richard Wagner of drum corps...

Mike, add all of this #### into drum corps and you destroy it...there are 2 musical components right now...brass and percussion

If you add woodwinds and electronics, the brass and percussion will no longer be the primary[/] focus anymore...it's foolish to think otherwise

Add all of this non-brass and non-percussion formulae, it, by definition, is no longer a drum corps

If he gets his way, he is, indeed, destroying drum corps...or, at the very least, he's perverting it into something that could be called anything BUT drum corps

It's kind of hard to call something a drum corps when God knows how many other facets are added into it..

Brass and percussion will no longer be the root...these other "features" will not be accessories...they will become entities unto themselves

Clearly George doesn't give a ####

:rolleyes:

I posted these links in my analyses of the proposal on DCI.org. You might find them interesting.The Rule of 150 Another link about The Rule of 150

they dont support the argument of adding more members to a drum corps