Drum Corps Classics

what I want to hear is Patton's theme played by a corps...someone told me that a corps played it decades ago, but I'd just love to hear it for myself now...

corpsreps has about 12 shows with Theme from Patton in it. Only one I've heard is Pittsburgh Rockets Sr corps from 71/72. Powerful chart which actually started with a fanfare of "Duetchland Uber Alles" which must have made a lot of WWII vets do a double take.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I want to hear is Patton's theme played by a corps...someone told me that a corps played it decades ago, but I'd just love to hear it for myself now...

It's been done...a logn time ago. I don't see it working today, but it was done before.

1981 SkiMask Cadets,,,,Beer Belly Polka

That plus "Carnival of Errors" made for a classic production. Way ahead of its time. :lolhit:

Fran

appalachian spring

west side story...(not sure of all the individual song titles)

over the rainbow

danny boy

festive overture

Conquest

Land of Make Believe

Over the Rainbow

etc.

oops! i could be wrong but i think the brigs played it around 1970

PR- The Lord's Prayer and Canon in D (2003)

BD- When a Man Loves a Woman (1992)

SCV- Music of the Night (1989) and Fiddler on the Roof (1992)

Crown- In His Eyes (Jekyll and Hyde 1999)

LOTS MORE BUT I ANT THINK OF ANYMORE AT THE MOMENT :D

Cavies played "Hall of the Mountain King" for concert in 69. Rigby in 70,71,72. Like the Mens Wharehouse says"I guarantee it!" B)

It was 68 for Hall of the Mountain King. I was at a show where 4 corps played it. 3 of them had the same arraingement.

The Menominee Northernaires had it first in 67.

Edited by JCSeymour

It was 68 for Hall of the Mountain King. I was at a show where 4 corps played it. 3 of them had the same arraingement.

The Menominee Northernaires had it first in 67.

Hey JC, it was 68 AND 69 for Hall of the Mountain King. And I remember Menominee playing it as well in 69. How are you doing?

Kemo :laugh:

The theme from "Patton" was Hawthorne's color-pre in 1972. It began with a very effective lone soprano as in the opening to the first scenes in the film, and built to a powerful concertized ending. Another excellent Larry Kerchner/George Tuthill chart. Unfortunately I sat out that season and never had the opportunity to play it.

The theme from "Patton" was Hawthorne's color-pre in 1972. It began with a very effective lone soprano as in the opening to the first scenes in the film, and built to a powerful concertized ending. Another excellent Larry Kerchner/George Tuthill chart. Unfortunately I sat out that season and never had the opportunity to play it.

I remember that one! Nothing like hearing "Patton" with timbali and bongos!!!! Same strange sensation with 75 and the steel drums!