Cadets 2007 show

as I remember from last year, this was unacceptable to many people as well...(not necessarily you, but by a good amount of people)

That wasn't meant to be taken literally, haha. I meant more like, "If you want narration as a part of the music, make into a song and sing it on a stage, i.e. Britney Spears."

And I will take Cadets ballad from last year over the narration in this year's show. She wasn't even singing words. (And I mean that in a good way, lol).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I saw this year's Cadets show. The music is killer, the drill looks good, but the narration...EEEWWWWWW! I am an alumnus of the corps, and love the maroon and gold, but the narration flat-out SUCKS!!! It's NON-STOP throughout the show, and really detracts from what would otherwise be a kick-*** show.

Someone had it up on YouTube, but it got pulled down.

I gotta tell ya, I see this as being another 2006. When you see it, you'll understand what I mean. I pray I'm wrong, and most of it gets pulled from the show.

Anyone else see this on YouTube before it got yanked?

I did an half to agree other than the cadet video thing on their website--sounded like Hopkins (thankfully) was starting to wonder if the narration was too much--or thats what I got from it--maybe was already getting heat? A little, im cool with--but I am not there to hear a speach

After 25+ years of directing a corps that has never missed finals. After 9 DCI championships. The first DCI 3 peat. The only corps to sweep captions in a DCI finals. A record score of 99.15. And a shet load of Trail blazing the drum corps activity.

You may not like a show a particular year.

But, you have to admit.

George Hopkins knows drum corps, Marching music, summer pagentry.

Whatever you want to call it.

After 25+ years of directing a corps that has never missed finals. After 9 DCI championships. The first DCI 3 peat. The only corps to sweep captions in a DCI finals. A record score of 99.15. And a shet load of Trail blazing the drum corps activity.

But, you have to admit.

It's hard to disagree with those facts.

But, you have to admit.

well put

saw Cadets rehearsing on Monday. I posted a review of it (kinda) in the review section, but I agree with the OP. I am traditionally one who does not like the cadets, but if they were to take the narration out of this show, I'd absolutely love it. But as is, it's still not too bad.

The thing for me is it's not the narration itself that gets to me.........it's the words

"We are humans! We are a community!"

I think they need about 25-50% less and/or better written narration.

The parts were it works the best are when a bunch of people talk and you can't make out the actually words. THEN it becomes part of the fabric of the music. But when the people just speak over the music. it's usually lame and/or asinine.

They sound #### good though.

So, I just saw it, and oh my wow they're good. Especially at this point in the season.

As far as the narration, mostly, it just seems like another part of the show. I don't really see it as annoying or taking away or even adding to what the show is/could be. It's just there. I do however hope the narration is practiced just like any other part of the show and not just feel like it's already great and ready for finals or anything.

As far as the rest of the season, I can't wait to see them live.