Cadets 2007 show

everyone seems to be making a bid deal about the narration. they are still working out the bugs so it's not a distraction. I am really exited about this show and I think it has great potential. And I dont think saying it will be another 2006 is right either cause 2006 was a great show regardless of scoring, I know that many people would have loved to be part of that show. They are in second place right now and they have one less show then cavies. instead or being a critic, why not support

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you who are against naration, That's cool.

But, If it doesen't really bother you.

Or, If you haven't seen the show yet.

Or If your bashing just cause you think your supposed to, or some of the loudest opinion makers are doing it.

YOU ARE MISSING A KICK ### DRUM CORPS SHOW.

BY A FIRE BREATHING DRUM CORPS!

*edited filter circumvention TS

• 2 weeks later...
everyone seems to be making a bid deal about the narration. they are still working out the bugs so it's not a distraction. I am really exited about this show and I think it has great potential. And I dont think saying it will be another 2006 is right either cause 2006 was a great show regardless of scoring, I know that many people would have loved to be part of that show. They are in second place right now and they have one less show then cavies. instead or being a critic, why not support

Why would I support something I hate? (Narration in the show, not the Cadets themselves...)

Well, I saw this year's Cadets show. The music is killer, the drill looks good, but the narration...EEEWWWWWW! I am an alumnus of the corps, and love the maroon and gold, but the narration flat-out SUCKS!!! It's NON-STOP throughout the show, and really detracts from what would otherwise be a kick-*** show.

Someone had it up on YouTube, but it got pulled down.

I gotta tell ya, I see this as being another 2006. When you see it, you'll understand what I mean. I pray I'm wrong, and most of it gets pulled from the show.

Anyone else see this on YouTube before it got yanked?

yeah.........i saw the youtube before it got torn. They were coming to my town (Boise, ID) and i was totally phsyched to hear that they were coming, cuz the best weve had out here for a while was scv. I wanted to see some competition. After i saw the youtube version....i was hoping that live it would be a lot better. its july 31 so im still pumped to see it...but yeah. i dont like it eitheir...i wonder how many complaints the actual cadets have heard???

im not gonna say too much about it till i see the actual show live....

I heard it on the apd, I must say that this is a slap in the face for 'drum corps' if they win with this.

I heard it on the apd, I must say that this is a slap in the face for 'drum corps' if they win with this.

Let the slappin begin!!

I'll preface this by saying that I'm pretty much against all amplified vocals...however, this corps is so good that I don't care. Sure, I would definitely enjoy the show more without it, but this is one heck of a drum corps! The only thing that scares me is that if they win - then the amplification of vocals may be emulated more in the marching community (something I'm not a fan of period).

For now, I have to give these performers some serious credit - they are performing the heck out of what they've been given.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm pretty much against all amplified vocals...however, this corps is so good that I don't care. Sure, I would definitely enjoy the show more without it, but this is one heck of a drum corps! The only thing that scares me is that if they win - then the amplification of vocals may be emulated more in the marching community (something I'm not a fan of period).

For now, I have to give these performers some serious credit - they are performing the heck out of what they've been given.

i would have to agree with you on that one.......

Kind of like the way every corps is doing drumspeak after the Cadets 2005 win......er....oops...no, they are not.

:worthy: