Shows you find entertaining that a lot of others don't

2006 SCV - Moto Perpetuo

I don't think it's that people didn't find the show entertaining, it's just that it's not often mentioned. This is one of my favorite from SCV.

IMO, the drill they put on the field that year is some of the most difficult performed. I remember watching high camera views and just being blown away.

I also thought the original musical program was great.

To top it all off, the soft ending was so Vanguard with the corps members moving back and forth into boxed geometric shapes while Mr. Moto walked behind them up to the cymbal line forming the Vanguard "V." It was the second time in 6 years that a Vanguard ending put a lump in my throat - the other time was their ending from 2000's "The Age of Reverence" where the corps members slowly linked arms.

• Like 3

Didn't they start their show in the same long line?

yes - the show started with the corps in a long line from the front left corner to the back right corner of the field (with the guard near the center) and ended with corps in a long line from the back left corner to the front right corner (with the guard near the center).

Edited by Lincoln

2006 SCV - Moto Perpetuo
I don't think it's that people didn't find the show entertaining, it's just that it's not often mentioned. This is one of my favorite from SCV.
IMO, the drill they put on the field that year is some of the most difficult performed. I remember watching high camera views and just being blown away.
I also thought the original musical program was great.
To top it all off, the soft ending was so Vanguard with the corps members moving back and forth into boxed geometric shapes while Mr. Moto walked behind them up to the cymbal line forming the Vanguard "V." It was the second time in 6 years that a Vanguard ending put a lump in my throat - the other time was their ending from 2000's "The Age of Reverence" where the corps members slowly linked arms.

I really liked that show!

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people seem to hate on Cadets '13 and I absolutely love that show. I think it's brilliant.

This is what I said on these forums about Cadets' show the day after seeing them at the 2013 Akron competition, in the first week of the season:

"This was easily the evening's best show. It's gorgeous, it's huge, it doesn't let down the memories of Star '93, SCV '99, or SCV '00. I love the guard uniforms, and the brightly-colored prop boxes, which do clutter the field annoyingly at times, at least look fantastic. There is too much bass synth on two occasions."

I also wrote that day: "I'll be stunned if Cadets' show places lower than third in Finals".

2005 Crossmen.

Corps didn't even make Finals this year... finished 14th ( not a hit with the judges, but they sure were with me)

Musical selections :... " Classical Gas ".... " Radar Love ".... " So Far Away ".... " Paradise by the Dashboard Light "

Blue Devils 08-13 (most people didnt like the out there shows)

Cadets- narration years- 05-08

The Blue Stars

SCV 05

The Blue Stars?

Eeek!

You think a lot of people don't like any Blue Stars Ever???????

I doubt that.

This is what I said on these forums about Cadets' show the day after seeing them at the 2013 Akron competition, in the first week of the season:

"This was easily the evening's best show. It's gorgeous, it's huge, it doesn't let down the memories of Star '93, SCV '99, or SCV '00. I love the guard uniforms, and the brightly-colored prop boxes, which do clutter the field annoyingly at times, at least look fantastic. There is too much bass synth on two occasions."

I also wrote that day: "I'll be stunned if Cadets' show places lower than third in Finals".

I thought that show was absolutely brilliant musically, and featured one of the best brass lines Cadets have ever put on the field. Where it fell flat, very flat, was on the visual side. This is a show best enjoyed as audio, not video.