Levi's Stadium - May not be a great DCI Venue

Look at the picture below of the stadium, appears that the seating design not conducive to any marching band show. Low seating with the luxury boxes (structure) going straight up. Only option would be to have the bands facing the other way with no boxes for judges, VIP, etc. Obviously built for sporting events in mind. Just a bummer IMHO that it may not be a fit for a drum corps show. Thoughts?

Levi%20Stadium.JPG

easy fix. go away from the luxury boxes, and block out the sections in the next to highest level that surround the 50 and put the judges there.

Reminds me somewhat of College Park from 2000 but with a lot of funky angles.

Noting that this photo was taken with an ultra-wide lens and shows a significant amount of distortion. The actual stadium is not that "wide" and the stands are steeper than this image might lead one to believe. It would be interesting to see how it would fare as a show venue and how it compares to Stanford.

Edited by Photographer Jim
  • Like 1

Not sure if I am correct or not, but I believe there are luxury boxes on the opposite side of that luxury box structure as you called it (not sure what else to call it). They appear to be above the 2nd tier of seats.

Either way, waaaaay better than that rusty old Rose Bowl down south.

LNjstiy.jpg

It could even provide some riveting moments!

• Like 5

Watching the game yesterday, of course all I could think about was hosting a DCI Finals event. The only way for it to work would be having them face the opposite direction, which is not a big deal.

Then I noticed the field. Looks like natural grass. Then I dropped the whole idea altogether. Grass stadiums handle 1 show well......3 shows in a row with EVERYBODY is sorta overkill.