Cadets 2017

9 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I hope that is indeed true.  Cadets and Bernstein go together like PB&J.

Mike

More "food" for thought in the Cadets thread. Well it "beets" arugula! 

Cadets seem to be getting their creative "juices" back!!

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

More "food" for thought in the Cadets thread. Well it "beets" arugula! 

Cadets seem to be getting their creative "juices" back!!

I sure hope so. We will see when the season arrives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

I hope that is indeed true.  Cadets and Bernstein go together like PB&J.

Mike

I would be OK if they threw in some Gershwin as well, ala 1982's Concerto in F.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

45 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I would be OK if they threw in some Gershwin as well, ala 1982's Concerto in F.

As much as I love Bernstein (He's my favorite composer/conductor of all time), but I would honestly rather a Gershwin cycle. There's so much you can do. I'd love to see Cadets take on something like Rhapsody in Blue and bring out an actual piano.

Don't know how far you go back, TES, but do you remember Spirit's Rhapsody in Blue in ... I think ... '97 when they had the pit play the actual piano parts?  (Sorry to go OT)  Didn't place very well at all, but it was a neat experiment to hear.

Mike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Don't know how far you go back, TES, but do you remember Spirit's Rhapsody in Blue in ... I think ... '97 when they had the pit play the actual piano parts?  (Sorry to go OT)  Didn't place very well at all, but it was a neat experiment to hear.

Mike

I do remember that, but I think with the use of the vast number of instruments we see now, as well as how creative the design teams get now, I think it might be fun. 

Maybe it's just a desire to see more Gershwin, since we don't get a lot of his music these days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Hopkins is  FB friends with Iain Moyer and Jeff Sacktig but not with Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt. 

Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt probably have the shades and blinds drawn, and grieving uncontrollably with this public revelation from Mr. Wonderful.....lol!... sounds like GH has developed a new found policy with a Cone of Silence on some things, but apparently not on others.. lol!

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, kdaddy said:

In my opinion, Crossmen trilogy of 92-94 > Blue Knights trilogy of 14-16

What they did was masterful. Not only did 1993 start right where 1992 left off, but there are pieces (or hints to them) that appear in two or even all three years, in different forms. Would be cool to make a three-part Venn diagram to show them since some are hard to pick up on. Such great shows. 

Edited by Hrothgar15

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

What they did was masterful. Not only did 1993 start right where 1992 left off, but there are pieces (or hints to them) that appear in two or even all three years, in different forms. Would be cool to make a three-part Venn diagram to show them since some are hard to pick up on. Such great shows. 

That was right around the time I was introduced to the activity and I loved those shows. 

8 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Hopkins has often been vocal about how Sacktig was late on getting drill written and about how that displeased him. And he again threw a little shade in last night's video, saying that drill this year was ahead of schedule relative not to last year but to years before that (that is, the Sacktig years). 

Also, for what it's worth, Hopkins is still FB friends with Iain Moyer and Jeff Sacktig but not with Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt. 

sometimes "shade" is deserved. I'll leave it at that.