Cadets 2017

55 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Somehow, the "stigma" of being "cemented in tradition" doesn't seem too bad after all, does it?     

Sometimes it really is "hip to be square"!

Ah, the ole days!  This is one of my favorite uniforms of all time.  The Cadets!

But how will they ever be able to perform wearing all that head gear?

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Funny thing is, if you cared to spend 5 seconds searching you can find all sorts of positive things I've posted about Cadets.  But you go ahead and continue making personal attacks.  I won't even report it.  People who post things like this make it hard not to get a jaded opinion of Cadets fans.

Don't bother with him. He only exists in this thread to complain about people complaining

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyt said:

The fact that we have to say "let them get the closer on the field" in mid-July is alarming though.  Finals is less than a month away and the show isn't just being tweaked, it's never been performed in its entirety.  

And yes... I'm well aware that in drum corps days gone by, shows were often not completed until mid-season.  Well... sorry, but that doesn't cut it anymore.  Since DCI started broadcasting season openers, they've been tacitly expecting a relatively complete product out of the gate.  Staff changes or not, it's poor planning, and it puts these kids at a disadvantage.  

As Septa Unella would say....  Shame.

Wasn't there a HUGE pushback from all posters on DCP when BK didn't have their show finished in July last year?

This complete vs incomplete show argument is stupid because the Cadets lose the argument either way.

they come out with a complete show and fire on all cylinders and get #### on for that. 

They come out with an incomplete show that can better progress throughout the season and get #### on for that too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This complete vs incomplete show argument is stupid because the Cadets lose the argument either way.

they come out with a complete show and fire on all cylinders and get #### on for that. 

They come out with an incomplete show that can better progress throughout the season and get #### on for that too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm not ####### on them.  If they make great changes and get it turned around I'll give them credit where it is due.  If they come out next year with a pretty complete show they would make me happy.  

I don't have some sort of axe to grind don't like Cadets attitude that you're trying to lump everyone who has a criticism in with.  

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm not ####### on them.  If they make great changes and get it turned around I'll give them credit where it is due.  If they come out next year with a pretty complete show they would make me happy.  

I don't have some sort of axe to grind don't like Cadets attitude that you're trying to lump everyone who has a criticism in with.  

Then what's the point in badgering (talking generally, not you specifically) about them not having the closer done? Just let the season go on and see how it goes. If it doesnt work well in the end, then I think it's reasonable to show criticism. 

BK had the same issues last year and they still placed where they usually place. 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Then what's the point in badgering (talking generally, not you specifically) about them not having the closer done? Just let the season go on and see how it goes. If it doesnt work well in the end, then I think it's reasonable to show criticism. 

BK had the same issues last year and they still placed where they usually place. 

I wasn't badgering them about the closer not being done.  

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

(talking generally, not you specifically) 

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I wasn't badgering them about the closer not being done.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

If that's the case, it should be noted the Cadets had most of their drill in place at the start of this season.  It's not like the Cadets show was that unfinished. They had all but 1 minute or so on the field. BD had way less of their visual program ready at the start (albeit a much stronger corps and product).  I honestly do not know why this became a big deal (not blaming you or anyone else). It's not like the Cadets stop in mid-stream. They do have a closer and while somewhat sterile it does act as a temp. It's not like they came out like BK did last year. 

Yeah, I don't know why people are STILL using the excuse of "Cadets still don't have a closer in, just wait". Their show is just as complete as the rest of World Class. 

• Like 1