Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

Agreed!

Tonight is a perform your best with the old show and "PRAY" pun intended that BAC doesn't beat you :)

But it's not about placement right?

Oh it is in Indy 

Agreed. Tonight is about performing the heck out of the first half of show which is not changing and mental awareness of stuff you'll perform for the last time tonight. That's the big leagues. You  have changes learned but not yet on the field. You just have to deal with it! Next week should bring clarity to Cadet's show. If Boston beats you tonight, more motivation to work harder but I still think this show has legs and we'll see that in about 2 weeks. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cadet93 said:

Agreed!

Tonight is a perform your best with the old show and "PRAY" pun intended that BAC doesn't beat you :)

But it's not about placement right?

OH great DCI in the bag judge in the sky please do not let these thieves from BAC to walk in here and take us ..... get off the Fing bus get off the fing BUS//.///////// Garfield what has happened to you??? worst ever move is to Allentown.  made you weak.

Sorry to the alum. what has G hop done?

darkness

Edited by E3D

On 7/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Holy crap!  I must have paid that, too.  That's insane. 

Yea, that's way too many things trying to take a cut out of these events, and we all allow it to happen and have allowed it to become acceptable.

This sounds pretty much like cable TV.

What they heck is a convenience fee anyway?

• Like 1

Up until last week, I think Cadets were well received by both judges and spectators. It seems they got delayed a bit with weather stuff but had everything gone in by last weekend as planned, we probably wouldn't be having doom n gloom conversations but rather we just need to clean now conversations. I'm glad Cadets have a plan and agree, shows get stale by mid season so adding in your last minute with maybe some tweaks leading up to that is a good plan. Again maybe a week late due to Florida downpours but i guarantee other corps will be making changes to coming  up and Cadets will be in cleaning mode.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

OH great DCI in the bag judge in the sky please do not let these thieves from BAC to walk in here and take us ..... get off the Fing bus get off the fing BUS//.///////// Garfield what has happened to you??? worst ever move is to Allentown.  made you weak.

Sorry to the alum. what has G hop done?

darkness

Really? 

Since the move to Allentown

2 world championships, 2005 and 2011

Expansion of USB

Formation of C2

DCA C2 Chamionship

CWP open class WGI Percussion Champions 

3 year agreement with Bernstein foundation and the NY Philharmonic 

so "weak"

or the reality that the DCI world of today is different than five or ten years ago, the rise of Crown and now Bluecoats have changed the competitive climate. Historical legacy organizations Cadets, SCV, Regiment, Madison, Cavaliers have very much struggled to medal annually 

only the extremely well funded Blue Devils have done better in this climate than the Cadets

Get Cadets a multi million dollar bingo operation and we may see a different outcome

I would personally support Hopkins and the BOD "shopping" the cadets nationally for a another new hometown which would provide them a bingo license or other financial lifeline. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I would personally support Hopkins and the BOD "shopping" the cadets nationally for a another new hometown which would provide them a bingo license or other financial lifeline. 

I'm ok with that...

They're not in NJ anymore, so why even be in the East?

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, that's way too many things trying to take a cut out of these events, and we all allow it to happen and have allowed it to become acceptable.

This sounds pretty much like cable TV.

What they heck is a convenience fee anyway?

I don't know but I'm in the wrong business! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don't know but I'm in the wrong business! 

....and funny about the convenience fee is that it is often convenient for them.

We're in the wrong businesses for sure!

• Like 1