Carolina Crown 2017

2 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Not very likely when performing 3rd from last. It's not a matter of guts - how could you call yourself an unbiased judge if you award Crown the highest possible mark before you hear a single note of BD's show?

They are told to adjust scores at the end of the night if need be. They will award the Ott tomorrow, and I'd be shocked if it's anyone but crown. The judges already know who will win, it's only a matte of the score. 100/100 is going to happen.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

They are told to adjust scores at the end of the night if need be. They will award the Ott tomorrow, and I'd be shocked if it's anyone but crown. The judges already know who will win, it's only a matte of the score. 100/100 is going to happen.

Ooooh I didn't know they could adjust scores if needed

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Seems like it could happen and is building in that direction.   Two straight nights at 99/99 is a good indicator. A good finals run should net a 100/100.   This brass line has been incredibly stellar every night out. They've been machine-like these past few weeks.  They're locked in.  They are worthy of a 100/100.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Not very likely when performing 3rd from last. It's not a matter of guts - how could you call yourself an unbiased judge if you award Crown the highest possible mark before you hear a single note of BD's show?

Well, apparently the judges have been awarding CrownBRASS high marks over BD all year without any issues, so what's one more night just for ##### and giggles.

Edited by Newseditor44

24 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Agreed. Several friends who have been and are currently judges have mentioned to me that they will adjust scores after hearing a group

of corps or at the end of the competition. Judges have leeway to do this if they see fit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Agreed. Several friends who have been and are currently judges have mentioned to me that they will adjust scores after hearing a group

of corps or at the end of the competition. Judges have leeway to do this if they see fit.

That's good insight.   You would think that if they are 99/100 or so, and the last corps is done, they may be inclined to ratchet up to 100/100 because there will be no impact to placement in doing so. I would hope that they would reward Crown brass accordingly.  If so, no one is going to bat on eye on this one. Would be very fitting for the outstanding brass line Crown has. If not, no bigggie but I'd love to see it happen. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Yeah, I think they had a good run tonight, but this panel - It Is very Crown friendly. Tomorrow night should be a bit better.

Fixed it for ya.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Well, apparently the judges have been awarding CrownBRASS high marks over BD all year without any issues, so what's one more night just for ##### and giggles.

Do you think judge should come to that conclusion after hearing both groups? Or in your version of brass adjudication, does the judge write down the 100/100 for Crown before the first corps steps off?

I am sure this was already asked so sorry for repeating... I was up top last night and didn't catch the crown formation on the field. Did they do it? And when?