Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So I give you entrance into my private arts group. Let's say, the Interlochen Arts Academy. At a reduced cost. But the deal is, if you leave after this year for a different academy you pay the value of the fee I reduced for you. You agree via your signature freely given. Then, next year, you leave. And I say please pay me per the condition of the contract. And you have a problem with this?  

As you expressed it ?... Sure. Interlochen Arts Academy under this scenario would not be owed a dime more, HockeyDad. You said they left.

On the other hand, if they left for another Academy, there could be monies owed back , but then again maybe not, as it depends on what the word " scholarship " was understood to be. This is where attorneys make their money, as non compete clauses in contracts are not looked on very kindly by some judges when it comes to attempts to enforce such punitive non compete restrictions on mutual competitors.

Edited by BRASSO

12 minutes ago, corpsband said:

:  drag a G7 corps through the mud whenever and where ever you can.

Well yeah. Duh. But really, unless it's Hop's G7 corps it isn't as fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eleran said:

Sending a demand letter to enforce one's interpretation of a contract is standard operating procedure.   Anyone who thinks the sender of that notice is automatically correct in their interpretation of the contact is naive.  

No one is disputing the DCI rule that debts must be cleared before marching with another corps.   People are disputing whether the retroactive revocation of a scholarship is permitted pursuant to the contract, or is even something appropriate to try to implement.

Someone mentioned that their interpretation of the clause (I don't know whether they've actually seen it or not) indicated that the scholarship may not be revoked if the member elects not to march at all the following season, but may be revoked if they elect to march with another corps.  If that is correct, then there is a good chance that the provision would be struck by a court of law for various reasons (at least two come to mind, but since neither is my particular realm of legal work, I won't risk misstating the current law).

Helpful remarks here.

7 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/5rsh88/carolina_crown_asks_migrated_kids_for_scholarship/

I had to do the same thing when I left Scouts for Crown.

This seems like relevant information.

Great point!  While we're at it, let's have Boston rise their fees by $2000, then give every 2017 member a "scholarship" for $2000, have them sign the "scholarship agreement" wherein they can't march anywhere else the rest of their life??  If they switch, they must pay it back.   Think of the $$ BAC could make!!!

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, corpsband said:

And your motivations (and perhaps others) are crystal clear:  drag a G7 corps through the mud whenever and where ever you can.

You are getting relentless in your personal mudslinging on " others ", corpsband. No one else here by you is claiming that people are out to get Carolina Crown" whenever they can ". Craiga and Liahona have been on DCP for years. They broke the story on DCP. They've never engaged in Corps bashing, or " dragging a Corps thru the mud " in all the years they have been on here. All of us are daily complimentary on what other Corps , G7, or not, might be doing or have done. I have complimented CC on hundreds of times on here, over the years. This was something worth discussing, so it was brought up. So this orchestrated corps bashing claim by you is what is absurd. You are the one with dozens of rather unflattering memes on Boston the last several months... and on the Boston thread, no less. Show us one similar derogative meme or comment before yesterday by Liahona or Craiga on the Carolina Crown thread the last few years. You can't. Its not there. So the personal mudslinging is coming from you with other posters. No other Crown fan or Alum has engaged in such personal mudslinging with Boston's fans or alums either. You are in your own small personal leaking watercraft alone on this, corpsband. And to noone's surprise. But keep furiously paddling.

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Show us one similar derogative meme or comment before yesterday by Liahona or Craiga on the Carolina Crown thread the last few years. You can't. Its not there.

The only reason I can't quote such posts is that they were deleted by the mods. That alone speaks volumes.  As for relentless -- the Grand Inquisitor and his minions put me to ...

7c4Bs8m.jpg

Edited by corpsband