The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Probably silly questions but, if you need 100k within a 24 hour period is it for debt? Or to continue the tour? Let's say they get to $85k, do they fold? What if 15k trickles in after the 24 hours is up? Then, if it's for debt what money do they use to finish tour? Or if it's to finish the tour, certainly the 100k isn't due tomorrow because they have yet to purchase food/beverage/misc.  See where I'm going here? Im I'm a position to donate, but would like more clarification and need to know there is a plan in place to insure a successful finish to there season. I'm missing too many details to just shell out the clams without knowing more. Someone please enlighten me.  

Made my donation. Was tempted to leave a snarky "get your #### together"-type message, but wisely decided not to.

As much as I hate surprise fundraisers, I know someone in the organization who has benefited greatly from being involved. Also, I give the director points for doing the donation plea video himself and not leaving it up for members to do (like Coastal Surge did a couple years ago).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Probably silly questions but, if you need 100k within a 24 hour period is it for debt? Or to continue the tour? Let's say they get to $85k, do they fold? What if 15k trickles in after the 24 hours is up? Then, if it's for debt what money do they use to finish tour? Or if it's to finish the tour, certainly the 100k isn't due tomorrow because they have yet to purchase food/beverage/misc.  See where I'm going here? Im I'm a position to donate, but would like more clarification and need to know there is a plan in place to insure a successful finish to there season. I'm missing too many details to just shell out the clams without knowing more. Someone please enlighten me.  

I was tempted to ask similar questions (in a supportive way), but knowing they are in the middle of tour and slammed, I decided to trust in their team (and DCI, who I am sure is watching this development) and make a donation.  My thinking was sometimes you just gotta have a little faith.  I know not everyone is wired that way - just my thinking.

The totals above $77k and climbing.  Watching the wave of support (and the rising donation total) today has been almost like reality TV - only FAR better! :)

Harvey

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I a man SO PROUD TO BE A DRUM CORPS FAN today.  This community is terrific. 

Over $77 thousand. 

Please give if you can!   If you cannot give, ask someone you can     

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

SAVE THE LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!

Image result for save ferris

:tongue:

But seriously, goal reached or not, the outpouring of support for them today has been nothing short of fantastic. Did any of the other corps mentioned that folded come this close to reaching their goals?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Just broke $78k.  $78,088 and counting.  So proud to be a drum crops alum and fan today.

Harvey

26 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Since details are scarce, my assumption is get down the road money. Gas food etc. Unless an unexpected debt was called in...but I would almost guarantee is money to get through the season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkippyBiff said:

From their fundraising site:

35K to replace our equipment trailers, as our old trailer was no longer safe to travel

12K to replace our appliances on our food trailer and additional adjustments

8K in additional rental vehicle expense and repairs for support vehicle breakdown early tour

15K in additional expenses for corps housing needs that has risen through the season

30K in equipment replacements and additions for our growing corps, and additional general operating expectations

There's another point mentioned in the explanation on that site that seems to have been overlooked so far. I put quote again below, with my emphasis.

So they spent the money that they needed to keep the members safe. But that was money they had originally planned to use to finish out the season. They tried some separate fundraising campaigns to pay for those expenses, but those fell short, so they made this urgent pitch, which looks likely to get them close to where they need to be.

A wise organization should definitely budget for a certain amount of upkeep and maintenance every year. Apparently they didn't. That was a mistake. Probably they hoped before the season that these vehicles would get through one more year without these replacements and repairs. They need to address those issues moving forward.

After they get through the season. Which a lot of drum corps fans today are helping them do.

As we have grown over these past two seasons, the needs of the operation has changed drastically.

We have been dealing with a few financial setbacks this season and we are at a critical point to raise necessary funds to overcome our cash flow hurdle.

Earlier this season, we had to use cash to:

• 35K to replace our equipment trailers, as our old trailer was no longer safe to travel
  • 12K to replace our appliances on our food trailer and additional adjustments
  • 8K in additional rental vehicle expense and repairs for support vehicle breakdown early tour
  • 15K in additional expenses for corps housing needs that has risen through the season
  • 30K in equipment replacements and additions for our growing corps, and additional general operating expectations

We can conquer this hardship and we have a bright future ahead of us.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You may be thinking of Forte rather than Lone Star?

While Memphis/Forte also belongs in this category Lone Star is in there as well. And there are many many more since DCI was convinced.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74,000. I believe the campaign started at 11 p.m., which means they need to raise another $26K in six hours.

Since setting and meeting benchmarks is just what Legends needs to do to avoid finding themselves in this position ever again (because they'll never get this kind of support a second time), we may as well note where they need to be for the rest of the evening (all times are Eastern)

6 p.m. -- $78,333

7 p.m. -- $82,666

8 p.m. -- $86,999

9 p.m. -- $91,333

10 p.m. -- $95,667

11 p.m. -- $100,000

Actuals vs. Budget:

6 p.m. -- $76,420 (-$1,913)

7 p.m. -- $78,829 (-$3,837)