The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

I wonder if corpsband has any likes, leftover, that you could use? He won't be needing them anytime soon. :laughing:

I WENT TO LIKE THAT COMMENT!! WHY HAVE I BEEN LIMITED IN POSITIVITY??? OUTRAGEOUS!

• Like 2

I dunno.  Last year's Force of Nature was insanely good and enjoyable for a 4th place show too.  The fourth place has been incredibly strong for a number of years now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Loving how BD incorporated Mr Jerry Seawright into the show. Bad***!!!!!!

that is the single coolest thing on the field this year - that and the last 60 seconds of Coats show

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If you prefer a more traditional drum corps approach you are likely to lean Crown and SCV. If you want new and innovative you are going Bluecoats. Really all four are outrageously close to perfection.

You are making a lot of sense tonight, Mr. Rapp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I don't think that's fair, and everyone knows I am not a blue Devils fan boy. I think they are very definitive in how they move, and if you like that, you love them...because let's face it, they have better and deeper talent almost every year. If you prefer a more traditional drum corps approach you are likely to lean Crown and SCV. If you want new and innovative you are going Bluecoats. Really all four are outrageously close to perfection.

Its the theatrical/wgi staging approach where individual movement and environment interaction are featured versus an approach where the visual interest lies in the drill itself. Many people, including myself prefer the latter approach

• Like 4

What differentiates Crown from Bloo, BD and SCV is that it's fairly straight forward drum corps. They're going to come right at you and technically kick you until you say uncle, and they're going to do it with accessible music. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 5

Just now, Ediker said:

In other news, Vanguard Cadets passed Blue Devils B

Also other news, White Sabers beat Caballeros, Cadets2, AND Fusion tonight. I guess beating Bucs was a little too much to ask...

• Like 3

What a show! Flomarching never crashed for me. Lost a bunch of quality video-wise at times, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus every corps brought it to the max. Seemed like a good venue despite being kicked from the Georgia Dome or Mercedes Benz Stadium-Falcon nest. Whatever it's called

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

"Finis" has held that title for me for a while now...maybe this year it changes?

Actually, I was corrected on this last year. SCV 2013 now holds the best fourth place show ever with a 96.85, beating out Crown 2008's 96.8. Crown 2014 does still hold the best fifth place show ever though with Out of This World with a score of 95.675!