William "Allen's Town" - Saturday Night - Aug 5th, 2017

4 hours ago, quijeros said:

The eye-rolling emoji implies sarcasm methinks

can't see those things on mobile...

Back, I really meant it when I said I had to take off, lol

So looking at the recaps from the percussion perspective, check out the latest standings leading to Finals Week. Wow 
My surprises based on my early season perception. Cavies, BAC. 

Did Crown peak? Vanguard is running away with it and if the last few season any indication, they will win it. Bluecoats 6th? Don't get why BK is not scoring higher. I think the other story of the season in terms of percussion. The Cadets. Thought Tom Aungst return to the Cadets would be less of a hiccup, guess not. I guess staff changes do matter, ask the Cadets and Crown alum. Their respective sections have taken a step back while BAC has benefited. Interesting how it's played out.

Dcp080517.jpeg

• Like 3

Boston is surging, be fascinating to see how this week shapes up for them.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Don't know where she is from.  Heaven by the sound of her voice.

Ohio

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Back, I really meant it when I said I had to take off, lol

So looking at the recaps from the percussion perspective, check out the latest standings leading to Finals Week. Wow 
My surprises based on my early season perception. Cavies, BAC. 

Did Crown peak? Vanguard is running away with it and if the last few season any indication, they will win it. Bluecoats 6th? Don't get why BK is not scoring higher. I think the other story of the season in terms of percussion. The Cadets. Thought Tom Aungst return to the Cadets would be less of a hiccup, guess not. I guess staff changes do matter, ask the Cadets and Crown alum. Their respective sections have taken a step back while BAC has benefited. Interesting how it's played out.

Dcp080517.jpeg

That's just Ensemble. Total ranks from Allentown...

1. Vanguard - 19.25
  2. Blue Devils - 18.925
  3. Cavaliers - 18.80
  4. Crown - 18.725
  5. Bluecoats - 18.60
  6. Boston - 18.525
  7. Cadets - 18.025
  8. Blue Knights - 17.975
Edited by snare_guy_83
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Yeah, we're pretty much slotted. I don't see much room for movement in the top 5.

Or in the bottom 5.  Genesis got totally jacked again tonight.  Their score actually went down after days of cleaning and show changes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

and thanks for all you've done for Cadets over the years (and other corps)

it really is a business of relationships- that is extremely true.

Yes it is. Thank you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Greetings from Allentown again! Crossmen alumni Russian Christmas Music sounded GREAT from in the stadium, and I'm sorry I didn't make it down to them to see it.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Thank you. I played with them and wondered if the stadium could hear us.  It was done as a fundraiser for the corps new truck.

We managed to get 54 horn players and it was a mix of about 2/3rd G bugles and 1/3rd B-flat instruments.  A challenge to arrange and tune. 

We did it for the corps and for our hall of fame ceremony, which is in the park every year.  About 30 minutes before Russian, we played Under the Sun from the '92 show with the original soloist. 

• Like 4