Boston Crusaders 2018

1 hour ago, c mor said:

At first I was startled the fire re-appeared.   Then I was thinking about being in survival mode - fire is important.  A big fire, however, burns more wood/witches than a small fire.  To conserve on wood gathering / witch trial activities while on a remote island, might be best to keep the flames to a minimum level suitable for roasting fish, and after dinner smores.

You’re right.  Fire is far more relevant to this year’s theme.  I remember how happy Tom Hanks was dancing around his first fire.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'd be happy of everyone would teach the crowd to vocalize during the Conquest hits like the old days!

Hell I remember several years at Allentown the crowd would practice them as they came on the field! Sadly, the last time I remember that reaction to the hits was in 2000.

here's an old clip that shows you

Love marine pearl drums....classy!

31 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I want the corps to come out behind a big ship facade that they collapse (i.e. sink) into the water.

I think they need to add some music to their show that highlights them getting lost....

1200x630bb.jpg

Theme

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I think they need to add some music to their show that highlights them getting lost....

1200x630bb.jpg

Theme

Fun factoid:  The words to Amazing Grace fit the music to Gilligan's Island.

Go ahead, try it...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m pretty much done with the theater experience.  Miss too much. 

My exact sentiments while returning home last evening. I also realized how good my Onkyo surround sound system in my drum corps cave sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

There is so much that is right about this year's show, and the corps.  Volumes can be written about them.

<rant>  However, two things disappointed me last night: 1) the spelling in the drill; and 2) the fire.  Those two things are SO LAST YEAR.  It doesn't make them bad, just far less interesting than they were before.  Major effort was put into making the look/feel different from previous years.  Why beat us over the head with the two most memorable things from 2017??  There is so much creative talent at Boston, and they're more than capable of new ideas.

Analogy: it was like they cooked a wonderful dinner with tons of fresh ingredients, presented beautifully... then they wheeled out two dishes that were great last year, but have since spoiled and rotted.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.  

</rant>

I actually really liked the drill last night. At least they have drill that fits the theme :whistle: the morse code drill in particular was something I thought was quite clever. And the spelling of "lost" in the props with the contrast of the group spelling "found" was also nice since they were playing amazing grace. I will say that the tall fire kinda looked wonky. Kinda wish it had the shape from last year, but it's a fitting part of the show.

• Like 1