2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

LETS GO BLUE KNIGHTS!!!! Dot the i

• Like 2

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

KICK HALT CLOSE UP!

TOM BLAIR I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. My family and I met Tom Blair at Allentown for the Crossmen Alumni event. He loved our dog! 

That last tidbit is so random 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

This one isn't... but I agree, the "fantasy, beauty" crap is pretty cringe inducing. The show would be a lot better without it.

The show didn't have it until around halfway through the season.

Left podium for the win.....just saying

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Some shows are bad, you see.

This one isn't... but I agree, the "fantasy, beauty" crap is pretty cringe inducing. The show would be a lot better without it.

Just like the show for what it is, members put a lot of time and effort into maxing these shows out.

• Like 2

Next on the field is the Blue Knights from Denver, Colorado. Their 2017 program, courtesy of corpsreps.com:

i
Wave by Beck 
Concerto for Percussion and Orchestra by Schwantner, Joseph 
107 Steps from Dancer in the Dark by Bjork 
Hide and Seek by Heap, Imogen  

• Like 1

The.most.symphonic show this year.  And they greatly improved over the season.  Loved - those wonderful Phantomettes, luscious flugelhorn solo, the grandness of the last 1/3rd of the show, the spectacular (yes, spectacular) full-field movements, drill, and use of flags and costume changes.  I know this is a rebuilding year for them but these young people can be so proud of their work.  I loved it and if this year didn't have such a glut of great shows, I think they would be scoring higher.

• Like 4

So proud of Phantom this year. That show was rough, really rough at the beginning and they've pulled through and made it enjoyable to watch. 

I encourage people to watch this show on high cam -- Phantom is booking it more than most world class corps and that is likely a source of their brass troubles. 

• Like 7