Madison Scouts 2018

50 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Youll never see this level of moderation on any pro sports teams facebook page. They are filled with displeasure and ###### off fans. 

The Madison Scouts aren’t a pro sports team (and most official sites actually do moderate the heck out of posts. ESPN just shut down their entire commenting system.).

Finally saw the show last night. Uniforms looked fine out on the field, though the hat would have fit nicely with these. Soloist is incredible - I wish they wouldn’t wait until the back half of the show to feature her. My only complaint, really, is that it feels like a “safe” show musically. Jazzy-lite, like what Crossmen do.  That’s a small gripe though. I think the design is fine. 

Mike

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeN said:

The Madison Scouts aren’t a pro sports team (and most official sites actually do moderate the heck out of posts. ESPN just shut down their entire commenting system.).

Finally saw the show last night. Uniforms looked fine out on the field, though the hat would have fit nicely with these. Soloist is incredible - I wish they wouldn’t wait until the back half of the show to feature her. My only complaint, really, is that it feels like a “safe” show musically. Jazzy-lite, like what Crossmen do.  That’s a small gripe though. I think the design is fine. 

Mike

Was just getting ready to comment on ESPN shutting down their comment boards down and thank goodness too! As a 49ers fan, i know that our Niners Nation website, people get blocked everyday for spewing hate, trolling, etc. So it does happen with some sports teams. Maybe not all, but some don't put up with that garbage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

The Fan page has also been moderated. There was a pretty long post with many negative responses towards leadership which has now been taken down. Aparantly the only place you can apeak your displeasure with leadership is here. What a joke. If this is indeed Marching Musics Major League, then there should be no problem with critisizm. Youll never see this level of moderation on any pro sports teams facebook page. They are filled with displeasure and ###### off fans. You can only cover displeasure up for so long, it will catch up to them. 

Yeah, it's a joke and a bad one. Dissenting voices and being open to other ideas only help you improve. Such a shame.

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Was just getting ready to comment on ESPN shutting down their comment boards down and thank goodness too! As a 49ers fan, i know that our Niners Nation website, people get blocked everyday for spewing hate, trolling, etc. So it does happen with some sports teams. Maybe not all, but some don't put up with that garbage.

I think hate and trolling are different than critical feedback, no matter how harsh. I'm pretty sure all alumni love the corps, and it's gotta be hard to sit back and watch what is happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think hate and trolling are different than critical feedback, no matter how harsh. I'm pretty sure all alumni love the corps, and it's gotta be hard to sit back and watch what is happening.

The problem is all the talk here really doesn't do a thing to help, In fact, it can hurt. Alumni have a more direct source and if that doesn't work here doesn't either.

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Well i can tell you that the boards im a member of on FB are littered with a heck of a lot worse critisism than what ive seen on the Scouts page. Ive seen zero hate, just dissatisfaction of the corps direction and im frankly not sure why thats a problem with some. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

The problem is all the talk here really doesn't do a thing to help, In fact, it can hurt. Alumni have a more direct source and if that doesn't work here doesn't either.

So if people dont like something they shoukd just keep there mouths shut? Man we live in crazy times, god forbid anyone get offended if theres an oposite opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So if people dont like something they shoukd just keep there mouths shut? Man we live in crazy times, god forbid anyone get offended if theres an oposite opinion. 

Did I say that? Go to the source not a place where nothing can be done

How about lets flip that crazy times statement. Why nowadays the world has to know peoples innermost feelings on everything from what they ate for dinner to what they do every minute of the day. yes crazy times that many think they are so important that they think others care

Edited by GUARDLING