Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

12 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The_blood_flow_of_the_human_heart.gif

Scary stuff!  I’ve had my thoracic aorta replaced, my mitral valve repaired, but I thank God I have no coronary artery disease.  

2 minutes ago, WarriorHal said:

Close -- 1971. The director's young daughter played Alice in the Scouts' Fantasyland show. And in both 71 & 05 (lead dancer), the females were guest performers in the color guard. This is the first time they have ever had a female brass player. 

Ahhh I was close.  I knew it was early 70s.  Still, Madison has "technically" been Coed since 71 :-)

I wish more corps used Flugelhorns. It's truly the most beautiful sounding instrument on the football field when it comes to solos

• Like 2

I’m a long time-long distance fan of Madison! I don’t love this show. I feel like the design was something I got stuck marching in HS and just had to deal with the hand I was dealt and go out and execute it as best I could. BUT I love the soloists and we all have to remember these marchers bust their butts every day for 3 months just as much as any other corps in dci. I wish the Madison thread was a little more respectful of that!! 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3

Just now, Den8uml said:

BUT I love the soloist

She's great. They have other good soloists in that show, too.

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Is the weather particularly challenging there tonight? There have been several brass lines with some pretty basic intonation issues so far.

I am about 10 miles southeast and it's warm, but not horrible. It's been very humid for this area recently.

• Thanks 1

HUGE difference in quality from Scouts to Blue Stars... both musically and visually. In performance and design...

• Like 1

Looking at high cam, I am not a big fan of Blue Stars drill. I hate it when the contra section is treated like a high school sousaphone line

• Like 1

Ignoring the god awful uniforms the Blue Stars are wearing, they have some really great visual moments in their show, as usual. I forget who does their drill, but they do a beautiful job every single year 

• Like 2