Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

1 minute ago, ajlemm said:

What about the Queen of England? Charles? William? Harry?

Tom Selleck?

10 minutes ago, drummer5485 said:

They had a female performer in 1972 and 2005 as well.

Close -- 1971. The director's young daughter played Alice in the Scouts' Fantasyland show. And in both 71 & 05 (lead dancer), the females were guest performers in the color guard. This is the first time they have ever had a female brass player. 

I think there's a good show idea in here somewhere for Madison. But it strikes me as restrained, almost an academic approach to the theme. No real gotcha moments. Maybe two minutes leading up to the soloist where there's not much exciting at all going on the field. The guard is hands-naked and doing pretty standard dance moves.

2017 was kind of like this, too. A cool idea. But music selection and arranging that was kind of blah for me. It got better by finals. Still, like someone was designing drill and music for their PhD dissertation.

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Time to see if Wausau wasn't a fluke for the Blue Stars!

Watching via flo tonight curious to see if I like this is much as I did on opening night.... let's go blue stars 

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with that Madison show.  The design is good enough and they seem to executing it well enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thanks to you both for the advice. Even using Notepad isn't working for me, but it's not like I'm writing the Great American Novel, so I'll just live with it. As I found here, the problem seems to be specific to my laptop. From the desktop, I can paste from Word just fine. (I had one open to watch the stream and the other open to respond.)

Or maybe not. It seems to be something weird about DCP reacting to my choice of words. I attempted to edit a post adding one word at a time before each edit, and I get this far:

"Govenaires are smaller than chops (14 brass, 12 battery (5/3/4), 9 pit, 11 guard = 46) but their brass sounded much stronger in a show that still needs a lot of polish. Also, watching on high camera, I only got the theme form the musical selections (and drum major's commentary), not"

before DCP tells me I can't edit any more.

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

This is no fault of the members. It's just a bad design and the content doesn't fit. 

Agreed on both points. I thought it was a good performance by the members.