Narrative to be crucial element behind Cadets 2008 program

Ugh, I was being silly. Not trying to prompt a response like that.

I think it's reasonable to say that some auditioners don't know about possible crowd reactions or DCP sentiment towards the Cadets, but I when I say they know what they're getting into, I'm talking about the make-up of the show itself.

I think it would be cool for the Cadets to perform at 1-3 events without the narration sometime in the middle of the season to see how it affects their score and the feedback from the fans. Just to experiment y'know?

Maybe they can do another without the snares, and a few without the trumpets, and maybe one with no guard.

Regardless of whether anyone supports or opposes narration, The Cadets usually put out great shows and it would be a shame to deprive yourself of such a great performance just because you hate narration. But not everyone can ignore the narration so to each his own. I like the music they are playing this year and now that I am moving to Virginia in two days, I will try to make it to every show in which The Cadets will be performing on the East coast this summer.

Good Luck Cadets.

I did not deprive myself of their performance last year...the Cadets deprived me. You shouldn't have to ignore parts of a show to enjoy it....

I know absolutely NOTHING about VA.

I spent four years in Norfolk. It sucks.

Now . . . . back on topic.

Ah, so they are mindless automatons set to do his bidding. I stand corrected.

I doubt anyone marching with the Bluecoats thought, "wow, I want to do a show about Criminals. I should tell the staff about this great idea." Surely, a trumpet player for BAC this year decided upon using easels as props, and of course Bass 2 for Cavies picked Billy Joel music. Members sign on for a show before it's ever designed, most of the time, and Cadets hardly have a copyright on poorly designed shows and silly concepts.

After 2005, do you really think anyone in the Cadets thought their 06 show would involve pink picnic tables and rabbits? And I really dont think they took a vote on what colour to paint them.

In a sense, yes, all marching members are mindless automatons. Weren't you when you marched? You do what they tell you, when they tell you, how to do it, and how long it should take. God forbid you question your techs... That would be one hell of a day, eh? If a kid had said "George, I don't want to carry a pink picnic table. This is just dumb," I think he'd not have finished the season...

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather march a poorly designed show, than not at all.

I did not deprive myself of their performance last year...the Cadets deprived me. You shouldn't have to ignore parts of a show to enjoy it....

I seriously doubt The Cadets and their narration is the first time someone has had something ni their show you did not enjoy.

Go ahead. . .get that hot dog. More room in the stands for other people. You are the one missing out.

this would explain the need for assistance in the spoken word department...esp the bad tone and diction

:lookaround:

Maybe they can do another without the snares, and a few without the trumpets, and maybe one with no guard.

Good point...lets just do a visual run through without music and see if the visual scores go up. OH, and then do a music run through..no visual and see if the music scores go up.