RAMD?

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

The Other Mike

best new poster (2000 ? )

CLEAR THE AISLES

JimF-xWSMBari (too lazy to change it).....

Hope no one minds but I found Sis' flickr page for RAMDites (3 pages of clickable thumbnails).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramd/tags/ramdpersonalities/

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I owe my drum corps career to RAMD.

A friend dragged me to Spirit of Atlanta auditions for the 99 season (back then, they had THREE full buses of kids from the Tampa area driving up to auditions) Someone in the pit told me to check out RAMD.

Got hooked on RAMD the moment I got home. Found my first drum corps home on there (Tampa Bay Thunder) then in early 2002, getting ready to go see Blast! in Tampa, I saw a post from Phantom's pit section leader about an opening in the pit. I emailed her immediately without even talking to my parents and told her I was driving up.

I then joined DCP cause they were posting on RAMD about it. Joined in april 2002 to DCP and never looked back.

This is Andy. I designed the Cybercorps T-Shirt in 1994.

And don't forget alt.drumcorps that came before RAMD! Anyone here remember that?

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

I'll start. My former posting name was VKGarry, and I signed posts as VKG. Hall of Famer, and conceived the Voice of Reason award.

Once in Denver I pulled into SCV's housing site with a friend from Phoenix. Because I had Arizona plates, I wasn't 10 feet from my Blazer when someone said, "Hey, which one of you is VKGarry?"

So, who else was a Former Member of RAMD? (FMRAMD)

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

Garry in Vegas, aka VKG

RAMD! I was just talking about this today with a friend. How is our friend Sharon?

MIKE

Bill! Over here!

Wow. . . weird. . . there was a time when I was passionately involved in RAMD, DCP and Drum Corps. . .

Anyway, I was "Chuckbrass" and "arranger". . . and maybe "arrangerx"?. . . I don't really remember. . . switched email addresses about 5 or 6 times during those years, so it fades on me.

I think I won a gRAMDie or two. . . and was in the Hall of Fame one year. . . ended up meeting a lot of nice people, and occasionally still keep in touch with some (Sue!)

Hope all are well,

Chuck

Believe my first thought was "HOLY ####!!! He's still involved in this stuff!!!".

Then later I found out what you had been doing in the 15-20 years since we last saw each other. :tongue:

Not to mention that the fact now we can only have a eye-to-eye meeting if you're sitting down. :offtopic:

um...hate to tell ya...but I was taller than you by the time you quit marching

:tongue:

I was just thinking about that last night. You had to rely on RAMD for scores, or you had to call

a score line that different corps had set up. (I don't think anyone has them anymore)

Or WAAAAAY back in the day (1990-92) there was 1-900-call-DCI. For only $2.99 a

minute you could get scores from the night before. My how times have changed.

ah yes, 1-900-CAN-DRUM