RAMD?

I was on RAMD too, under my own name. I also still have my 1996 "Bridgemen-yellow" CyberCorps t-shirt.

RAMD This is the page on Google Groups. You can also access it through any newsreader if you can find an ISP that still supports usenet groups.

Just don't expect the discussions to stay as "clean" as they do on DCP! RAMD can be allot of fun if you are not too easily offended!

hmm.... well, sorta.

Go to thread " LolCorps " here on DCP. Scroll to thread page " 138". Look how a Phantom's women guard is depicted. Read the comments to the depiction.

Then tell me that RAMD was THAT much better on the " clean " side.

RAMD used profanity for certain. But there were no vile and obscene pictures.

That DCP thread should have been closed yesterday. It's vile and disgusting. And is demeaning to Women with that picture and follow up comments left open to the public. It's hard to make the case that RAMD is better anymore on the " clean " side while that thread remains open. ( in my opinion)

Edited by BRASSO

That DCP thread should have been closed yesterday. It's vile and disgusting. And is demeaning to Women with that picture and follow up comments left open to the public. It's hard to make the case that RAMD is better anymore on the " clean " side while that thread remains open. ( in my opinion)

Don't read the thread, then...simple. You think the ladies in the guard -- or ANYONEin the corps -- didn't make the same kind of comments???

Don't read the thread, then...simple. You think the ladies in the guard -- or ANYONEin the corps -- didn't make the same kind of comments???

I have no idea on the identity of the posters. Neither do you. They are anonymous. And any women that thinks that depiction is appropriate or funny or whatever, has a screw loose. Again, just my opinion. I think most women would find that depiction and follow up comments inappropriate and definately demeaning to women.

But my central point was not to close the thread, so much as to reply to the poster on THIS thread that it's now unconvincing to say that RAMD was somehow less " clean " while filth like that is allowed to remain open for " discussion " on DCP. And why close topic threads at all ? Why not just apply your suggestion to " don't read the thread" ? Why have standards of decency or censorship monitoring at all then ?

Edited by BRASSO

Now I feel guilty for laughing, Brasso. :tongue:

Maybe it's your common decency reminding you what is appropriate.... and what is not.

You were taught proper respect and standards. Good for you.

Edited by BRASSO

Any time that you feel a post or topic is inappropriate on DCP, feel free to use the "report" button for the offending post.

That way, you can be assured that the moderation team and the Community Administrator will take a look at things, and take action if necessary.

Thanks! :tongue:

Why feel guilty? The guard is supposed to be depicting slaves at the feet of their masters begging for protection or mercy. It just looks like something else.

AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUNNY.

Now if the direction from the tower said something like, "OK ladies, on your knees it's BJ time," THAT would be offensive, degrading and wrong.

If you want to see women degraded and worse, come overseas with me next time I go. If you want to laugh at an unfortunate photograph, go to the LOL corps thread.

Guilty! I still post on occasion. Used to have quite the dragout with a guy from the Atlanta area named Michael Cahll.

Yeah, Cahill had a lot to say - a great verbal sparring partner! Respect to him, though - while he definitely had strong opinions (which he didn't hesitate to express), he was usually pretty civil. Some folks over there can be downright nasty!

Fred O.

Silverdots, yep, when he argued, he was loaded for bear and took no prisoners

Very knowlegeable - and with the chops to back it up, of course. But some of those posts were way over the top. What browbeater!

peace - it was always a fun, albeit wild, ride with Ken M!

Fred O.