I was there when...........

I was there when .... Drum corps was not band

major win

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, too. I have a recording of that show. Still gives me goosebumps the moments the lights go out. You can hear the grown of the crowd followed by non-stop cheering as it became apparent the corps kept on going in darkness.

That was one of the most intense performances I had ever seen.

Yes. Totally intense. I wish that recording were put on some website somewhere (hint). :thumbup:

85, Randy....they weren't even in the formation stage until 84.

:thumbup:

Mental error. I had '83 on my brain when I was posting.

85 Allentown when 26 corps competed in prelims

Oh, I remember that prelims. I remember pulling into the park about 4:00 am and just falling asleep when a man with a french accent informed us that we were sleeping on their center X. Apparently, Les Eclipse (sp?) was on first!

I was there when .... Drum corps was not band

FTW

I was there when Star of Indiana performed their first ever show in 1985. Will never forget the look on Ernie Z's face when he looked up and said, "Hi Karen. Who are all of your little pink friends?"

The corps was far, far better that night than they really had a right to be or than the staff expected. Literally, Dennis DeLucia was warning me as we made our way into the stadium that something might fall apart so badly that I'd have to stop the show and start again, and I had the same worry. That was truly the night I knew we were seeing the beginning of something special. The staff went to worrying about the show falling apart to worrying about what we'd do for an encore if we actually won the show.

I was there at Allentown in 1980 when the 27th Lancers performed the single best show I have ever seen in my life. Unfortunately, they truly did peak a week too early and were defeated by a very talented BD at DCI Finals.

I was there on the field with the Bridgemen when Gahfield won their first title, and I was able to go congratulate all of my friends and (most importantly) my sister on their amazing season. As a kid growing up on the East Coast, I truly never thought I'd see "one of our own" win.

Cheers!

Karen

Edited by kstein

I was there when Star of Indiana performed their first ever show in 1985. Will never forget the look on Ernie Z's face when he looked up and said, "Hi Karen. Who are all of your little pink friends?"

Karen

I was there too. All of us in the stands were absolutely stunned when they played that first big hit. What an awesome experience that was.

I was there in 84 when DCI-- in it's "wisdom" (or maybe it was just Don Pesceone) -- denied VK it's deck chairs for their first ever finals retreat....classless,and everyoen on the field was ticked.

Don Pesceone = :thumbup: