I was there when..........., Fill in the blank

That was a very emotional moment, for sure. A night I will never forget.

Fran

My first full DCA Weekend since the mid 80s (when it was all the same day). Lancers lost a long time DM during a 4th of July parade the same way that summer. The group of Lancers I was with all had that sick "not again" look and it was the only time I can remember my wife holding on to me, giving me support. A fellow DCPer was a section over and remarked how upset we looked.

No one knew if the Kilites were coming back to perform as another corps came out while the Kilties regrouped. Was talking to person next to me and someone pointed. Saw Kilties coming down the 50 to set up and our area was so quiet you could almost hear a pin drop. Almost like the crowd wasn't sure if making any noise would be disrespectful. Rest I remember is couple of us clapping and standing to show respect. Few seconds later it was like the roof was coming off the place.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I was there for Chops' first trip to DCA championships.

-I was there the first time Chops ever broke 70. And we did it by 5 points.

-I was there the first time Chops ever beat the Govies.

-I was there the first time Chops won.

-I was there when Alliance made finals their first year in existence. Using our vibraphone.

-I was there when the top three in Class A all had their brass music arranged by the same guy.

-I was there when the Kilties showed us how strong they were as a corps and as a family.

I was there: It was all at 05 prelims.

Edited by Spandy

Don't mean to contradict the previous post, but I was there for Chops Inc. first DCA performance. It was at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison in 1999.

-I was there for Chops' first DCA show ever.

-I was there the first time Chops ever broke 70. And we did it by 5 points.

-I was there the first time Chops ever beat the Govies.

-I was there the first time Chops won.

-I was there when Alliance made finals their first year in existence. Using our vibraphone.

-I was there when the top three in Class A all had their brass music arranged by the same guy.

-I was there when the Kilties showed us how strong they were as a corps and as a family.

I was there: It was all at 05 prelims.

Now those are good memories!!!

Don't forget Ernesto, when Chops and Alliance and every other corps huddled in the bathrooms for cover.

I was there in 1973 for my first participation in D.C.A prelims with the Skyliners when after playing the streetbeat for what seemed like a really long time, it was noted that the hornline wasn't on the field. Shortly thereafter they arrived kinda getting dressed on the way. Seems that was a problem at the gate :smile: , I'll leave it at that. :smile:

Now those are good memories!!!

Don't forget Ernesto, when Chops and Alliance and every other corps huddled in the bathrooms for cover.

I couldn't forget Ernesto if I tried.

I tried forgetting Ernesto and it didn't work. :smile:

I'm glad it brought our corps together though. Literally. There wasn't much room left in those bathrooms.

I couldn't forget Ernesto if I tried.

I tried forgetting Ernesto and it didn't work. :smile:

I'm glad it brought our corps together though. Literally. There wasn't much room left in those bathrooms.

At least you guys had cover...We in SoCal Dream were standing at the entry gate watching icicles form on each other! :smile:

I don't think I got warm until late that evening...getting off the bus ack at the hotel, the entire corps looked like a bus full of zombies..

But hey...at least WE had field lines! :cool:

Me too.

When I get an hour or two, I'll write about being there when Geoff Jones took his famous slide in the showers at, I believe, Nazareth College in Rochester, and when we did our tribute to the life of Vince Bruni at DCA Finals. And a few others probably.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Oh dear...

Do you know hopw many people still bring that up? lol