We twa hae sported i' the burn,

From morning sun till dine,

But seas between us braid hae roared

Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,

And gie's a hand o' thine;

We'll tak' a right good willie-waught,,

For auld lang syne.

"Our tentative plans are to have a service on the afternoon of 17 Jan 09 in Guntersville, AL. All are invited to share stories, music, singing, reading poems or scriptures, playing instruments, etc. Although, we will have a bit of traditional, Mike would like his family & friends to share this time with moments and memories. When details are finalized we will get the word out. If you know you will be playing, sharing, singing, etc., please let us know. It will help in planning. There might be some last minute decisions and that is okay, too.

Of course we need one or more volunteers to play taps?"

Very touching.I wonder if the family would find it appropriate if we were to work up a brass arrangement of this and play it at his memorial?????????????

Who has the contact information on the family?I for one am in.

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Ghost Riders" mini corps send our heartfelt sympathies to his immediate family. Cozy was a true icon in the Drum Corps World. Your extended drum corps family will miss you tremendously. I knew Cozy well and he was a HUGE advocate in the mini corps movement. His positive approach and kindness will never be forgotten.

Doug Mellenthine / Ghost Riders co-director & founder.

Cozy, my friend, we are truly going to miss you. You made it possible for Annie to get to and enjoy so many shows. We truly enjoyed our time together, and Thanksgiving will never be the same. Say hello to Jerry, Jim, Gail et al and make sure to send Steve and John back some juicy quotes in only your inimitable style. Our condolances to the family and many lives Cozy positively touched. Love Bob & Annie

Cozy, we will miss you dearly. Remember it's a gated community, so please send the combination. This is happening in reverse, but you must have been needed more. See you. Love Annie

My wife and I met Cozy for the first time in Indy at BOA. He was at the Drum Corps World booth and saw our corps jackets. He called us over and began a conversation with us, telling us some great stories. He seemed to know everyone we knew in the activity. We saw him last at the Minicorps venue this year at DCA. He remembered us and was such a great person to talk to. We will miss him, and extend our thoughts and prayers to his family.

I'm very sorry to hear the news, it's extremely sad in this time of giving that once again someone special is taken from us. May he rest in peace.

Edited by Fastone

I did not realize that Cozy was only 58 years old.Shocker there.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...2&Itemid=39

Edited by camel lips