Michael "Cozy" Baker Passes Away

JohnD

:worthy:

Very very :santa:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rarely at a loss for words, but I just don't know what to say. We had been chatting about the next issue of DCW and then all of a sudden....

We are all deeply saddened by this loss to the drumcorps community. I was honored to have marched with Cozy and to call him friend. Thanks for all you did and were, Cozy. :worthy:

been grieving all day. More than for some members of my biological family when they passed. I will miss Cozy more than you can imagine.

Rest in peace, my friend, my "Drum Corps Dad" ...

i feel so bad, he sent me a pm after DCA's that i never responded to because i'd been in a funk. i had been there but spent a good portion of the weekend essentially MIA and i kept meaning to say i'm sorry or explain or something. but you think there's always tomorrow, and there'd be DCA's next year. i wasn't trying to be rude. but i feel terrible

whereever you are right now Cozy, you know why now and you can see what's been going on here. i know you're going to be busy catching up with everyone up there from corps, but when you have some time, track down my dad. you're probably the one person who can explain what this whole activity is and why it is just so special.

thanks . . .

:worthy: <--- to replace the one we didn't have this year at DCA's

The I&E staff has lost one if its main spokes. Carry on up above Cozy. That Drum Corps in the sky has another hot sop.

Peggy and my prayers are with you on your new journey.

I feel your pain, Legal Eagle. Gee. . . didn't Cozy represent all that was RIGHT about this activity?

And then some.

My last memory of Cozy was the Nashville show.After the show was over,he met up with me at Buffalo Wild Wings and shared a big ole plate of chicken wings.We wound up closing the place down and continuing or evening out in the parking lot.As usual he had some wildly funny stories to tell and was really excited bout the upcoming DCI championship and DCA finals right around the corner.