Michael "Cozy" Baker Passes Away

JohnD

It was honor and a pleasure to have marched with Cozy as Kiltie.

His passion for drum corps was second to none and will be missed.

Rest in peace my amigo.

You will never be forgotten.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We knew it was coming and still it's a shock... 58 is way too young ... All I can say is "who's going to watch my back for me now?" not to mention do all the work he did... most of you don't know this, but of the 25 or so corps write ups in the 2008 Yearbook on the various corps - I did maybe 5 of the newer corps - all the rest including all of the open class corps were done by Cozy... his creativeness and talent as a writer is a great loss to the activity.

Edited by TomPeashey

That man is a lovable drum corps nut...I will totally miss him. He always had something great to say about me in his articles (even if it was his thoughts and no one elses). We enjoyed his first garbage plate at DCA last year together.

There will never be another Cozy Baker...

Rest in Peace my good friend.

Donny

I opened my email just a few min ago and read the horrible news.

I marched with Cozy the past two years with Derby City Knights.To get Cozy involved with DCK was not hard at all.Just had to say "hey Cozy I got a gig for you with a start up corps".Cozy just said when and where.

Cozy seemed to have extended families everywhere he went.I love hearing his stories about anything that had to do with drum and bugle corps or with flag protocol.He had a lifetime of stories to tell.

To Cozy's family you have my condolences.Cozy touched so many lives its hard to put into words how much he will be missed.

To "Cozy"........

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne.

We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp!

And surely I'll be mine!

And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

We twa hae run about the braes

And pou'd the gowans fine.

We've wandered mony a weary foot,

Sin' auld lang syne.

We twa hae sported i' the burn,

From morning sun till dine,

But seas between us braid hae roared

Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,

And gie's a hand o' thine;

We'll tak' a right good willie-waught,,

For auld lang syne.

I'm sorry to report that our dear friend, Cozy Baker, passed away this morning. I just received the phone call that confirms this terrible news. There are no further details regarding funeral plans or services at this time. I'm sure we'll receive more info as the day progresses.

The entire drum corps community has lost a true CHAMPION for the activity and many of us have lost a close friend.

Our prayers are with his family and those closest to him as we all grieve this terrible loss.

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

When they made Cozy Baker, they broke the mold ... Drum corps just lost a great writer and a great one-of-kind member of our community. RIP, my friend.

Lee

Cozy, we'll miss you deeply. :worthy:

I was keeping up with Cozy's progress. So sad to see this news. It was a pleasure to talk/work with him at DCA over the past few years for DCP. His passion for the activity was evident in everything he did. I will be keeping his family and friends in my thoughts.