Michael "Cozy" Baker Passes Away

JohnD

Rest in Peace, Cozy. You will be missed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad he is no longer suffering, and hopefully his family can find peace in that too.

it's not easy ~ but in time it hurts less.

Just received this from Cozy's family:

Mike passed away peacefully this morning. Although it was hard to let him go we know it was for the best.

Our tentative plans are to have a service on the afternoon of 17 Jan 09 in Guntersville, AL. All are invited to share stories, music, singing, reading poems or scriptures, playing instruments, etc. Although, we will have a bit of traditional, Mike would like his family & friends to share this time with moments and memories. When details are finalized we will get the word out. If you know you will be playing, sharing, singing, etc., please let us know. It will help in planning. There might be some last minute decisions and that is okay, too.

Of course we need one or more volunteers to play taps?

We will have boards for photos. Please use your judgement on the pics to display.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, cards, and encouragement. Looking forward to meeting you all.

i'm glad he is no longer suffering, and hopefully his family can find peace in that too.

it's not easy ~ but in time it hurts less.

that also includes his huge drum corps family too.

I'll miss him every time I step on a field.

Peace, my friend.

Thank you for sharing your passion, wit and gifts with us, Cozy. We'll miss you!

+

Rest in Peace Cozy...

I'll miss you...

I'm sorry to report that our dear friend, Cozy Baker, passed away this morning. I just received the phone call that confirms this terrible news. There are no further details regarding funeral plans or services at this time. I'm sure we'll receive more info as the day progresses.

The entire drum corps community has lost a true CHAMPION for the activity and many of us have lost a close friend.

Our prayers are with his family and those closest to him as we all grieve this terrible loss.

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

Cozy was a good friend.one of the best you could hope to have.i will miss him.rest in peace,amigo!