What bugs you...

Why would you assume they hadn't already taken plenty of time in rehearsal to learn how to play without it? Perhaps they just want to keep the focus on making sure the tempo is solid right before the show. I know, God forbid, right?

It's a "what bugs you thread" and this is one of my 'things' - maybe I should clarify: Dr. B = good for starting segs (put it to your ear and click for the center or let them take time off it) but if you've got it blasting through a horn in the lot it's just bush league IMO

The point of my post was that I'm assuming they HAVE had the time and that it shouldn't be an issue, hence no 'nome needed. ;-)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with a little corps pride...

I have no problem with corps pride, but for example...

IF (per your signature), you had a show w/ Albion: do you wear a Cru jacket or rep it for Albion?

IMO that's a situation where you should be showing support for your students not pimping yourself. Just my take...

What really bugs me are Bugs!...literally...buzzing bugs at practise irk me...mosquitoes adore me...one time at a contest in 73, I said "Mark time, huh?" During the command, I swallowed a fly...and crickets really bug me alot...some of these threads are buggy but not as bad as those gosh darn flying bugs :-)

You think Dr. Beat in the lot is obnoxious?

I was flabbergasted to observe the director of a band at a recent state championship final walking up to the podium and giving the DM the tempo with a met prior to the start of every movement.

And this was a band that had won the largest classification the prior year and has made regular appearances in BOA GN Finals for many years.

I dont know about you guys, but if I'm at a show with a high school band, I dont usually wear band shirts...i just dont have that many. Besides, I cant tell you how many times I've run into someone from corps, or found someone, or met someone new - all because we were wearing corps stuff. I don't wear my jacket as much anymore because its been a few years, but I understand why people do it.

Edited by euponitone

people with more than one hundred thousand posts. Seriously, how does that happen.... :smile:

my old job didnt require me to work, so i posted all day. since 2004, i only have 40k posts

How....?!? Probably part of it is the fact that they quote a million people and reply to them, all in separate posts, instead of quoting them all in one and replying to them all in one post...like above, there are three posts in a row, all by the same person, replying to three different people, easily can all be consolidated into one post, right? :smile:

i could, but thats too much work ( and i dont think i know how to do it)

my old job didnt require me to work, so i posted all day. since 2004, i only have 40k posts

pssh....40K posts? Thats severe slacking sir. I could be wrong (not checking the stats right now), but I think that you still would be #1 even if we just took your last 4+ years of 'reduced' posting... :smile:

Bandos who have never marched drum crops, but know it all. Bottom line, if you never marched drum corps, you'll never really know i.e. the tears and cheers, the grueling tours, bus breakdowns, fights, bad food (and good now and then), cold showers or no showers, sweating, cockroaches in your stuff, waiting in line for everything, marching sick as a dog, changing the show on a dime, blistered feet and fingers, sunburn, finding something halfway clean to wear, broke, and lack of serious uninterrupted SLEEP.

As Jim Mora once said, " You think you know, but you don't really know".

All that said, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, the friendships, the performing, the traveling and the applause.

P.S. Folks who think drum corps history started when they started being a fan. I've taken the time to learn the evolution, the history and people and corps who have made this such a wonderful activity long before I was around. I respect the people who march now, because I know what they are going thru and I do not disrespect the past, because this activity woudn't be what it is today. So I thank you, Don Pesceone, Jim Jones, Don Warren, Gail Royer, Jerry Seawright, Bob Lendman, Moe Latour, Dr. Dave, Parker Silva, Jack Bevins, Rocco Oliverio, Bill Howard, Scott Stewart, George Lindstrom, Don Whitley, Donald Stephens, Sandra Opie, Jim Elvord, Fred Sanford, Wayne Downey, Jim Ott, Dennis Delucia, Ray Baumgardt, Freddy Martin, Bobby Hoffman. George Zingali, Harold Robinson, John Simpson, George Tuthill, Clarence Bebee, Don Angelica, Mickey Petrone, Adolph DeGrauwe, Pete Emmons, Earl Joyce, Truman Crawford, Bob Briske, Sal Ferrera, Art Luebke and many many others who I failed to mention....

I've also had about enough of this INT crap.

It used to be funny. Then people drove it into the ground.

Stop that.