If SCV had won in 88

What if Don Warren and Gail Royer never ran into each other in that bathroom? Would DCI still have been formed?

I thought it was Don Warren and Jim Jones.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If SCV had won in 1988, then I surmise the following would have occurred:

1) Dukakis wins the 1988 election, instead of Bush Sr.

2) Dukakis appoints (then) Arkansas governor Bill Clinton as HHS Secretary.

3) During the State of the Union speech, Dukakis and the entire cabinet are killed by a rogue Argentinian terrorist bent on revenge for the loss of the Falkland Islands in 1982. HHS Secretary Clinton, being the designated 'out of town' cabinet member, is the next in line for the Presidency. He is sworn in as president Feb 15th.

5) Feb 21st -- Clinton cuts off all diplomatic ties to Argentina.

6) Feb 28th -- Argentina signs a mutual defense pact with the Soviet Union.

7) Aptril 27th -- Argentina attempts to retake the Falkland Islands.

8) May 5th - The Naval fleet dispatched by Britain to re-retake the Falklands is destroyed by new, Soviet-made attack subs from Argentina.

9) May 10th USA launches a naval fleet of it's own to capture the Falkland Islands.

10) May 13th - USA invades the Falkland Islands, taking them in 2 days.

11) May 18th - USA sets up a blockade of all Argentinian ports -- an act of war.

12) May 21st - The Soviet Union warns the USA to remove the blockade, or risk a conflict.

13) May 23rd - President Clinton is caught with an underage congressional page Monica Lewinsky in a "compromised" position. (Yep, those 2 are destiny in all possible time lines).

14) May 25th -- Articles of impeachment of President Clinton are presented in Congress.

15) May 27th - Clinton, looking to distract the press from his criminal actions, bombs Buenos Aires.

16) May 28th -- Argentina declares war on the USA.

17) May 29th -- The Soviet Union declares war on the USA

18) May 30th -- Congress declares war on the Soviet Union.

19) June 2nd - The Soviet Union launches a limited nuclear strike against the USA, destroying Washington DC, New York, Boston,

and Madison Wisconsin. 30 million are dead.

20) June 2nd - A counter strike from the USA destroys Moscow, Leningrad, and Minsk. 40 million are dead.

21) June 3rd -- The Soviet Union launches a full scale nuclear attack on the USA, killing 200+ million people. The counter strike on the USA kills 250 million in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.

22) June 3rd-5th. Further nuclear strikes destroy all of the USA, USSR, Western Europe, Easter Europe, Canada, China, Japan, Australia, and strangely enough -- Upper Volta (love that name -- had to get them in this timeline somehow). 3 Billion are dead worldwide.

23) June 5th --- Western Civilization is gone.

23) August 14th - A group of nuclear irradiated cockroaches wins DCI. The judges consist of 3 crickets, 2 ants, and a marsh grog.

(The marsh grog judged brass. They have perfect pitch you know)

Now, aren't you glad Madison won in 1988?

"What If's" are totally useless.

This is like "If the previous batter hadn't struck out, that would've been a 3-run homer." So dumb, but fun to ponder! I'll bite...

The one thing I think is most certain is that SCV would not have played Phantom of the Opera in 1989.

agreed especially with 88 being the better version. but in the end, i dont think it changed too much

What if the Blue Devils' soprano player nailed his solo at Finals in 1989?

No change in placement....the fracks wouldn't made up the point difference....we'd just lose the ability to talk about The Frack.

I think SCV should have won in '88. I also think BD COULD have won, and the Scouts should have placed third. Wasn't bd undefeated for the vast majority of the season.?

I also prefer '88 SCV to '89. By a mile.

I think SCV should have won in '88. I also think BD COULD have won, and the Scouts should have placed third. Wasn't bd undefeated for the vast majority of the season.?

Up until Prelims, as I recall...a real surprise, considering Madison had not been on a lot fo the US tour, since they were rocking Europe early on.

You can find some vids of Mad overseas on that site-that-shall-not-be-named....fave moment, Dan Feeny counting off in GERMAN at a show in Germany. Brilliant!

OK, I know this one:

IF SCV had won in '88...........Phantom would have won in '89.

Totally agree. SCV 88, PR 89. hey there I'm a dye-hard SCV fan but in 88 it was totally SCV and in 89 it was PR

This is like "If the previous batter hadn't struck out, that would've been a 3-run homer." So dumb, but fun to ponder!

What if that guy hadn't interefered with the fly ball in the Cubs playoff game in 03?

Garry in Vegas

What if Don Warren and Gail Royer never ran into each other in that bathroom? Would DCI still have been formed?

Pssst...it was Don Warren and Jim Jones.

Garry in Vegas