Madisons Staff...

Again, much of the low scoring trend for Madison, I would say comes from design.

You mean to tell me that judges don't cross captions and slot.

But I will go ahead and take the high road, and apologize for having an opinion. I will be sure not to voice that any longer.

:tongue:

If I accept your apology does that mean you really will not voice your opinion any more?!

:tongue:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this

Thirded. The nice thing to say about a corps that scores lower then expected was that the kids were good, but the design held them back. People said it all the time about the 2006 cadets...it was bs then, and it probably is now too

(disclaimer....i am just judging trends here...I dont claim to be an expert on assessing madison's 'talent' last year....then again most of you arent either... :tongue: )

Edited by euponitone

I agree. The current college freshman was born in 1991. When the Star staff was in its heyday. I'm willing to bet that many of them never even heard of Star.

Fan Network renders the statement wrong, nearly every college freshmen and high school seniors I know are huge Star fans. That being said not many of them are interested in Madison because they know that Star and Madison are two highly different corps, even with some of the Star staff at Madison. I often hear Star of Indiana referred to "caviar" because of their high level of musicality, while Madison is commonly referred to as "grilled chesse" (delicious and a fan favorite, but known for just playing loud and not really known for being modern musicians). Most people I know (if you haven't figured out I primarily hang out with Brass and Guard people) that are big Star of Indiana fans are leaning more towards Blue Stars (mid-west choice) Crown (East Coast friends) and SCV (West Coast). These corps have over the last few years proven that they play, march, and dance shows that are similar in design and quality to those done by Star. I am actually pretty certain I am the only person except for one of friends (a woman) that would want to march Scouts. As for the idea Cavis is going to lose people, that is also funny. Cavis are probably gonna have more drummers at auditions with Mac. The Cavis guard pull will continue being heavy because it is Cavis. As for hornline, I know a lot of outstanding marchers that have wanted to march Cavis, but haven't cause they thought the horn book is typically boring and soft. The new Cavis brass staff probably isn't going to be advocating this anymore, so if Cavis releases a show concept before auditions that has a good brass book potential, I could forsee an even bigger amount of people showing up for auditions. Sorry for the length, and I do not mean to insult the Scouts at all in my statements, in fact I slightly hope my statements will prove false cause I would love to see the Scouts back in the top 9.

Edited by seanieofbrassie

Thirded. The nice thing to say about a corps that scores lower then expected was that the kids were good, but the design held them back. People said it all the time about the 2006 cadets...it was bs then, and it probably is now too

(disclaimer....i am just judging trends here...I dont claim to be an expert on assessing madison's 'talent' last year....then again most of you arent either... :tongue: )

Ah......I can speak to the talent question. The Scouts talent level in 2009 had improved considerably compared to the 2008 season. Obviously, talent is only one component of many. If it were that simple, then Madison should have improved over their 12th. place finish of a year ago.

The "overwhelming" consensus the entire 2009 season was that Madison didn't have the vehicle.....No BS!

I'll take 7-1 if you are offering them for Madison in Finals.

3 corps are already on the bubble from last season

BK, Glassmen and Troopers are all vulnerable.

Now, let's talk about Regiment and Boston. Of the two, I'd give the nod to Regiment moving up at least one spot...Boston had a good year but have been up and down as of late.

So, Madison is an easy pick for Top 12...I'd make the odds 2:1 and not 7:1. I'd have them 4:1 odds for 11th and 7:1 for 9th.

Based off of what? Staff announcements? BWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHahahaaaaa! Love to hear how you figure your odds.

All of this is conjecture but I believe this year we will see Madison finish no better than 10th but will make finals night. The real impact will come in years 2 & 3.

Star didn't just walk onto the scene at finish in the top 3 it took a few years.

Still an awesome display of Corp & Talent Management.

Yes, but Star went from not existing to 10th place in one year. Given, they had some Pride of Cincy members and other veteran corps members helping, but Mason picked a great staff.

Yes, but Star went from not existing to 10th place in one year. Given, they had some Pride of Cincy members and other veteran corps members helping, but Mason picked a great staff.

Funny you mention Pride, isn't one of the new Madison guard staff members their current director? That can't be a bad thing for recruiting.

In the words about two dozen people who responded to my post last year about staff...... "Staff are nothing but names."

not sure if this comment is serious or not, but if so, it'd probably be about the most ridiculous statement ever made on here. :tongue: