News From DCI Winter Meetings

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound engineer - passed by instructors, on to BoD.

Age modification - passed by instructors, on to BoD.

Mike

So when will we know if this abomination has passed the BOD? When will the dread decision be announced? (I consider this to be the worst piece of legislation presented in this country since the Kansas-Nebraska Act. It is simply another cynical attempt, by the BOD, to tighten their grip on the activity, even if it is to the detriment of the activity.)

I am hoping against hope that it should fail, but I realize consciously that it will almost certainly pass. I feel like Atticus Finch, hoping that the jury will acquit Tom Robinson, but know that almost certainly they will not.

So when will we know if this abomination has passed the BOD? When will the dread decision be announced? (I consider this to be the worst piece of legislation presented in this country since the Kansas-Nebraska Act. It is simply another cynical attempt, by the BOD, to tighten their grip on the activity, even if it is to the detriment of the activity.)

I am hoping against hope that it should fail, but I realize consciously that it will almost certainly pass. I feel like Atticus Finch, hoping that the jury will acquit Tom Robinson, but know that almost certainly they will not.

The final votes were last night.

According to Mike Boo's report on the final votes, "The voting membership agreed the proposal to allow a sound engineer in the press box is a procedural change and did not need to be voted upon. Placement of the additional sound engineer is the responsibility of the show coordinator and will be dependent on the logistical configurations of each stadium."

Hardly an abomination, giving the sound engineers more flexibility and expressly allowing communication can only make corps sound better.

Additionally, "The proposal to expand age eligibility was voted down, 4 in favor (Blue Devils, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cascades) and 18 against."

So there you go.

It is simply another cynical attempt, by the BOD, to tighten their grip on the activity, even if it is to the detriment of the activity.)

Why stop there. Why not the entire galaxy?? :laughing:

death-star.jpg