Its about time for this I presume

All black? That sucks. The one thing I've always liked is the cream uniform. Phantom, Cadets and Crown deserve extra credit for marching with white/cream pants.

Why does difficulty of book make them the shoe-in? They have a great hornline but since GE is so heavily weighted I don't get the difficulty part. After all, BD won last year, right?

If they have the best show/performance I hope they do win. It would be nice to see a new name in the championship ranks (and I'm a Cadets honk).

Peace.

Yeah, that's what i've heard, but yeah ya gotta give it to the white/cream pants, hard to keep visibly clean on that.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard snippets of their show, and all I can say is that I don't know if any other corps will be able to match them in terms of musical difficulty. Of course, having the most difficult book doesn't mean you'll win, but if they can clean it, I don't see why they shouldn't walk away with the championship this year.

Just ask Evgeni Plushenko how that worked out.

Yup it'll be a great 5th place show.

Blue Stars also have white pants.

I'm sure Crown will come out with another great product. But we won't know just how great until we see the whole thing. And agreed, a challenging show doesn't=victory.

Levitating is really hard to do, but I don't think anybody would be able to clean it by finals night.

Good news: Crown is scheduled to win in 2013.

Bad news: The world is scheduled to end in 2012. :tongue:

All black? That sucks. The one thing I've always liked is the cream uniform. Phantom, Cadets and Crown deserve extra credit for marching with white/cream pants.

Totally agree - there aren't too many corps out there that can really cope with white/light-colored pants, but Phantom et al do so admirably. As a matter of aesthetics, I love Crown's look - it's classy and suits them well, and it's flexible enough to allow for customizations from year to year. Generally speaking, I wish corps would pick a uni and stick with it (I'm looking at you, Madison).

Never said that they'd win because they had a difficult book. However, what I DID say was that if they can clean it, not only will it be that much more impressive, but it would absolutely increase their chances of winning...not because it's difficult, but because it would be clean. Blue Devils, Phantom, Cavaliers, and Cadets have all had very difficult moments in their championship shows, and they won because moments like those were clean, and therefore, impressive. If Crown does the same, well...we'll see in August, no?