Its about time for this I presume

Hey everyone forgot about the southeast bands, especially tennessee haha, but yeah ive heard rumors about texas's program, and I'm just curious why dont they have multiple corps other than the Crossmen? Or why the Crossmen are not ranked higher than they are (no offense to them)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone forgot about the southeast bands, especially tennessee haha, but yeah ive heard rumors about texas's program, and I'm just curious why dont they have multiple corps other than the Crossmen? Or why the Crossmen are not ranked higher than they are (no offense to them)

Purely speculatory, but I imagine the venture capital to start up a unit from scratch might be one of the issues that ever kept a big, Div. 1/WC corps from being started in Texas. The Crossmen weren't born here, just moved here.

Sky Ryders were here for a part of their life, right? But if I'm not mistaken, they also just moved here, too.

There is no rationale as to why Crown cannot win it all in 2010. They have everything they need to be successful. They have C.I.

For every reason anyone lists that says they cannot win, I can say the same for any other corps out there. I know DCI is hoping for more parity. I think Regiment winning in 08 was just the start of a more diverse list of champions. Madison will be challenging in a few years as well as as Blue Stars.

I for one just hope Crown stays in the conversation and keeps putting out brilliant shows. ...and personally, just because I love watching Cadets fans freak out....I hope Crown continues to crush thier spirits every year down the stretch. :-P

Cavies....don't see them in the Top 4. I think they will be regrouping for a spell.

Let's face it, for all we know, Crown could take 10th or 1st.

As for the Cavies comment, I don't quite get how you can rationalize that one. They've only finished out of the top 3 once in the past 10 years. The only other corps to perform that same feat in those same 10 years is the Blue Devils.

The simple fact is, actions speak louder than words. And until Crown has beat every corps they've gone up against, it's hard to rationalize they will take the gold. Though, I'm not saying it's impossible or that they don't have a shot.

Edited by dcsnare93

At least Crown is "allowed" to win this year, for the same reason they were NOT ALLOWED last year:

Competitive Inertia

...but will they have enough inertia this year? I think they will. With The People wanting new blood, Crown's excellence, combined with Crown playing the game properly, their best shot is now.

But I pre-season predicted a Cadets win in 2009, so what do I know? :lookaround:

Thank you for the first common sense post on this thread.

someone is going to come on this thread and explain to you how the super good texas bands that are basically made up of jesus members instead of lowly members from either coast would finish top 6.

And that would be really funny. (Being a music educator in Texas, I would laugh just as hard as the rest of DCP)

Crown will not win next year and here's why.

There have been 8 champions in DCI history. In every instance, except two, no corps has won their first championship having placed 2nd the prior year.

Kingsmen 1971 (VFW) 5th 1972 1st

SCV 1972 3rd 1973 1st

BD 1975 3rd 1976 1st

Garfield 1982 3rd 1983 1st

Star 1990 3rd 1991 1st

Phantom 1995 5th 1996 1st

The only exception being Madison 1975 and Cavaliers 1992. So the only way Crown can win next year is to get rid of all the females.

And that would be really funny. (Being a music educator in Texas, I would laugh just as hard as the rest of DCP)

It has been posted here before, along with the "Crossmen will be top 6 in no time now that they can get members from Texas" people.

Maybe they are all on vacation now.

... anyway, Crown has a fair shot this year. But no better shot than Cadets or Cavaliers or BD, IMO.

i have heard rumors about the show. it sounds alot like 08 but not endings though. will use a different tactic. i have heard rumors of 2 uniforms being used. i have heard a rumor that they will use 2 sets of horns. so far there is a common theme of 2 being used here. ( note - 2 is a key term here.) for the program that has been called A Second Chance. hmmmm.

what ever crown comes out with this year i am hoping for them to take gold with it.