2010 Countdown

Thank god for my Legacy Collection. I may have my own "Classic Countdown."

Any one want to come over? I'll supply the TV and the surround sound. Bring your own snacks and beverages.

I'm in. Definitely bummed about this one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the idea.

Thank you for chiming in. I'll be there, in Trooper apparel of course!

By the way, I'm not sure if you can answer this question, but I'll give it a try: In Austin there were several theaters showing the Countdown last year. While I appreciate wanting this to be widely available in all markets, I'm wondering if limiting it to 3 theaters might help our crowds be bigger. Every time I go there's not very many there - maybe 30 people. As it has been noted in the stadium discussions, when you have more drum corps fans crammed together, there's much more excitement.

Anyway, I just thought I'd pose the question and see what the policy/plan is. No matter what, I'll be there, hopefully with a bunch of other fans and maybe a few new folks too!

Edited by TerriTroop

I'm definitely going. I think it's a great blend of past, present, and of things yet to come. Yes, many of us have extensive dvd libraries, but it is entirely a different experience when you meet up with a bunch of friends for dinner, go to the theatre, and join in the cheering with everyone else. It is exciting and a great "warmup" for the upcoming season.

And, previewing the Troopers, BAC and Bluecoats (which NOBODY has on DVD, btw) is most cool.

Can't wait! :tongue:

Thank you for chiming in. I'll be there, in Trooper apparel of course!

By the way, I'm not sure if you can answer this question, but I'll give it a try: In Austin there were several theaters showing the Countdown last year.

Which theater in Austin were you at?

To me, the draw was the chance to see shows again that weren't in my recent memory on the big screen, as in, nothing within at least the last 5 years (at the least). I'm also waiting to see what they mean by "classic moments" and "vintage highlights" in regards to the older shows. I mean, they do list the the corps, but are they going to be the complete shows or just highlights from those shows?

Great, cause ya know, if I didn't get to see BD 09 again I was gonna be ummmmm.....perfectly happy.

Lol! :tongue:

Itd be cool if even if they wanted to focus mainly on last year, they allowed fans to vote on their top 5.

Also, anyone else remember when 'classic' countdown had 12 corps?

Edited by AlexL

Just hoping they have it in a theatre here this year unlike last year.

I know, we're only the 4th largest metropolitan area in the state, so it makes sense to have the closest theatre be 3 hours away.

But I'm hoping anyway...

Which theater in Austin were you at?

Southpark Meadows at Slaughter and I-35. I've also attended at the Metropolitan which is near Stassney and I-35.