For those with "significant others"

Significant Others and Drum Corps  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Which one applies to your significant other (SO) best?

• My SO is a drum corps fanatic - even more than me.
    • My SO is as much of a fan of drum corps as I am.
    • My SO is a fan, but not as much as me.
    • My SO likes drum corps a little.
    • My SO is tolerant of my drum corps enjoyment.
    • My SO would rather I completely drop my drum corps habit.
  2. 2. Part Deux: show attendance

• My SO goes to more drum corps shows than me.
    • My SO goes to the same number of shows that I do.
    • My SO goes to fewer shows than I do.
    • My SO rarely goes to drum corps shows. (less than 1 per year, but a handful over time)
    • My SO never goes to drum corps shows.

I thought it might be fun to see how our significant others view our drum corps interests. Mine tolerates my interest and rarely goes to shows. He understands my connection to the activity and love for it, but I have to be careful to not over-commit in my drum corps world. I'm pretty close to that boundary already this year, so the summer may be a bit of a challenge!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This'll be good...

hehehe, we'll see.

Great poll questions. My wife's very tolerant of me doing as much drum corps as I want. She enjoys it, but only occasionally wants to go see a show, and only if her two favorite corps both happen to be in it.

People posting on DCP in March are pretty fanatical, so I expect this one to have lopsided results along the lines of Terri's comments, in the first week, anyway.

I'm dating a girl who was in marching band at a different Indiana school about the same time I was. She likes drum corps shows, but not enough to spend money on the activity (she'd rather spend it on shoes :tongue:). She's been to a show before, and I'm looking for the best tickets I can find for us to go to Finals this year - haven't bought mine yet. We got together last September, so this will be our first drum corps season together. I'm really excited to share the event with her!

My wife doesn't really care for drum corps. She got more than enough of it when I was teaching back in the 70's. she has gone to one show this decade.

As long as I don't go overboard she doesn't mind me going to shows.

I count my roomie like a SO because we are like Will and Grace LOL I got her addicted to drum corps years ago and while she is not as big a fan as I am--she still loves the live shows and goes every time! My on again off again was a Cadet but still not as big a fan as I am LOL

I never had a girlfriend that didn't like drum corps...

That lasted.