cavaliers 2002

so, I enjoy this show very much, and I was watching it today.

As I remember the concept of the show is the elements of music (first movement is melody, then harmony, then rhythm)

when it got me thinking... what exactly did the 'fight club' segment have to do with the concept of the show???? Am I missing something completely obvious??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing people into the air and dropping them gives massive GE points

win.

shave and a haircut...big ticks!

It was during the rhythm section. It was essentially a dance. I don't think the connection between rhythm and dancing is all that obscure.

The "fight club dance" was a part of that show that was supposed to appear to be very macho; it came across as, probably, the most non-macho thing they've ever done.

Biking shorts...

some of the members on this site are soooo bitter to certain corps, its incredible. I bet if Crown put a fightclub sequence in their show this year, many on here would consider it revolutionary and trend-setting. so predictable its scary.

when it got me thinking... what exactly did the 'fight club' segment have to do with the concept of the show???? Am I missing something completely obvious??

not playing or marching creates the intellectual antithesis of drum corps.

clearly this was designed to be the "anti-melody." i can't believe you didn't pick that up.

some of the members on this site are soooo bitter to certain corps, its incredible. I bet if Crown put a fightclub sequence in their show this year, many on here would consider it revolutionary and trend-setting. so predictable its scary.

however, i usually love the Cavies, but 2002 is my least favorite show of theirs going back to 1978