Here's hoping Blue Stars and BAC

even if i do or dont agree with what he said, your continued attacking posts on here have gotten old.

many may agree with your message, but your delivery is lacking

I think you quoted the wrong person...you CAN'T mean Guardling in the above.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardy... you've been riding me all night about this subject... I have a right to state how I feel... excuse ME if I dont

agree with you.. no skin off my teeth... I just feel very very strong about this G7 -stuff- that I, along with you, have the

right to address those that care to read. And like I stated, I will politely clap for said corps....

If you have a problem with my words I just stated, then, hey.. go watch the 7 and have a great time !

Again.. this is a PUBLIC forum... sorry Im on your hit list.. but what you state and what you say to my

face would more then likely be 2 different variations of your feelings... so, I'll just take it at that !

Boo freaking hoo.

Of course you have as much of a right to state your opinions as anyone else, but others have an equal right to state theirs opinions about YOUR opinions if they so choose. It's a two-way street.

I've always found it funny (well, ironic) that, time and time again, some of the same people who talk the loudest about making their feelings known by threats of walking out, not clapping, etc. are some of the most sensitive to criticism themselves.

(After reading your comments, I kept picturing a corps stopping thirty seconds into their show and the DM turning to you and asking, "Why have you been riding us all season?" LOL)

If you're going to dish it out (and no one is stopping you), then you ###### well better be able to take it as well.

Here's the real problem though:

How do we get past this?

How do you voice your displeasure to the G7 corps without damaging the activity?

If you don't buy a ticket, (which is admirable,) then that hurts DCI, and the G7 will point the finger at DCI for poor management and lackluster ticket sales.

If you don't buy souvenirs from the G7, then they will cry that they need more money due to DCI's mismanagement.

If you DO buy tickets to shows to support the non-G7 corps, the G7 still get more money.

Sounds to me like the G7 have all of us by the cojones.

I cannot think of a way to get this point across that will do more good than harm.

The only 2 things I can think of are:

Going to a show and walking out of the stands during G7 performances. This would send a message, BUT G7 would still get your money.

Starting a massive email campaign to voice our support for the activity as a whole and try to bring everyone together.

That's all I got.

There is one thing only that would influence the G-7 structure, and it is people not being at their shows. Not a very likely scenario really. It pretty much boils down to basic economics. As long as the demand is there the supply will be there as well. Take away the demand by no one going to their shows and watch the supply scramble to get back into the good graces of the rest of DCI, but, like I said, not a very likely scenario.

Did anyone stop and think about the fact that "The act" might be the reason for the declining ticket sales?

- Edit -

Let me expand because on further thought, that sounds just plain stupid.

Aren't these corps the reason for all these advancements? Bb bugles, amplification, narration, synths, woodwinds in pre-show. I know the consensus isn't always unified on here, but DCP is still a very small part of the drum corps world. Maybe over the years, people got tired of all the changes, and how corps isn't the way it used to be. And since the other corps aren't said act, they followed suit, because these upper level corps put more butts in the seats than them. But hasn't attendance gone down for everyone? Maybe the lower corps are being unfairly affected by these rules that the upper level corps are putting in to place.

People will probably call my idea stupid, pointless, completely wrong. Oh well. Just a thought.

Edited by papasmurf

Did anyone stop and think about the fact that "The act" might be the reason for the declining ticket sales?

My thought is: If declining tickets/money is behind this, would it not be better to work together to find possible solutions than break apart 2 nights out of 7 and try to get Dan A out?

Stinks of kids in a bad sports team. Instead of working together to improve, a couple of kids up and quit and form their own team. Except in this case the kids who leave still belong to the origianl team while forming their own. "Yeah we'll play with you losers when we don't have a game". Substitute "game" with "money paying gig".

WOW - just keep thinking of 1993 DCA with all this... Only 13 corps showed up for Prelims and instead of breaking up, the DCA powers that be realized they needed to change things. Irony is they became more inclusive of the non-top corps and it worked. Here G7 is going the opposite way.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

- Edit -

Let me expand because on further thought, that sounds just plain stupid.

Aren't these corps the reason for all these advancements? Bb bugles, amplification, narration, synths, woodwinds in pre-show. I know the consensus isn't always unified on here, but DCP is still a very small part of the drum corps world. Maybe over the years, people got tired of all the changes, and how corps isn't the way it used to be. And since the other corps aren't said act, they followed suit, because these upper level corps put more butts in the seats than them. But hasn't attendance gone down for everyone? Maybe the lower corps are being unfairly affected by these rules that the upper level corps are putting in to place.

People will probably call my idea stupid, pointless, completely wrong. Oh well. Just a thought.

Yes! You are correct!

ack...my bad. I meant to quote AmmerP. please accept my apology.

HMMMM MINE? hmmm interesting

I think you quoted the wrong person...you CAN'T mean Guardling in the above.

you're correct. please see above for the apology