New Unis

29876_705038036327_36613929_39451266_7922637_n.jpg

A_Christmas_Story.jpg

Someone posted this on SnareScience. I found it funny. =P

Just simply awesome! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

With the huge WGI influence exerted on the activity now . . .and the horn line constantly asked to perform dance moves during any playing downtime . . .I'd say that ship has already sailed.

That's a nicer way of saying what I was going to say. Suffice to say that I really wish that brass & percussion people would have more influence in today's drum corps. It is all about the music after all. The current uniform & show design trends are awful. I really hope that this years Scouts show will influence the future direction of drum corps.

28484_579525509512_44100867_3376930.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted yet and I don't want to bring up any sore subjects, but I did come across this pic online today. Gives you a small idea of the horn/uni color combo.

28484_579525509512_44100867_3376930.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted yet and I don't want to bring up any sore subjects, but I did come across this pic online today. Gives you a small idea of the horn/uni color combo.

It seems a little wasteful to design a uniform to nowhere, when they could've just changed the fabric underneath the 07-09 uni, and it would've looked fine.

So, any word on the reason for brass lacquered horns?

It seems a little wasteful to design a uniform to nowhere, when they could've just changed the fabric underneath the 07-09 uni, and it would've looked fine.

So, any word on the reason for brass lacquered horns?

Because their show is about winning DCI and so they are going with the gold theme for the instruments

Not a huge fan of the horns, not going to lie.

They are already up for sale (for the end of the season of course) according to a post on Facebook a few days ago. Do most corps sell their horns after one season anyway?

They are already up for sale (for the end of the season of course) according to a post on Facebook a few days ago. Do most corps sell their horns after one season anyway?

Just about, because unlike G horns, Bb's apparently become utterly worthless after just a year :tongue:

It's not unprecedented. I'm guessing it's since they're a one-shot deal anyways, and they're going back to silver next year.

(The corps unis are still missing the vests, BTW, in that pic, but I still maintain that with a bit longer shirt those would work just fine as is.)

Mike