New Unis

Give Odo a cream vest, and he'd have the crown uni on.

29876_705038036327_36613929_39451266_7922637_n.jpg

Odo.jpg

No THAT'S funny!

I just want to comment on a post earlier that basically stated, “There is no GOOD or BAD art, art just IS.” I disagree. A lot. That's the kind of pretentious, avant-garde Art-with-a-capital-A attitude that ends up alienating the general public for two reasons:

1. No one wants to listen to a stuck-up ##### talk about his stuck-up work.

2. There is such a thing as BAD art, so in the end, you're not avant-garde, you just suck.

I'm not saying this to say that Crown's uniforms SUCK, don't take it that way. But I'm noticing a trend in the drum corps world where we just won't allow criticism in a lot of areas NOT related to G7. I'm a graphic designer, I'm an artist, so I understand what it means to view art. However I'm also a businessman and a member of the public and letting everything under the sun be allowed and lauded because, “Hey, it's art!” is not just wrong, it's ridiculous.

Be careful not to confuse art and design. They share similar qualities but serve very different purposes.

Personally, I'm in the "there's no bad art" camp. There's plenty of art that I don't care for, but that doesn't mean someone else won't find value in it.

Pioneer's new unis are in their gallery.

Spirit??

Spirit is on the hush, hush until their show this weekend. But, I think most will like what the see :tongue:

Is this what they call CROWNing?

WTF??? Who designed this ??? sigh..........

G

28484_579525509512_44100867_3376930.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted yet and I don't want to bring up any sore subjects, but I did come across this pic online today. Gives you a small idea of the horn/uni color combo.

It could just be the quality of picture or the lighting, maybe the finish, but it looks like a few of those horns need a good wipe down or cleaning.

Pioneer's new unis are in their gallery.

Not that I can see. In the 2010 gallery, they are still wearing their green jackets, and from what I have heard, the jackets this year will be white.