Cavaliers in trouble early?

Well, I'm not a real big fan of the breakdown section with the "here is my rifle" stuff . . .but I guess it will be a little moment for the high school kids to play with, kind of like "fight club".

Aside from that, definitely best I've seen out of the Cavaliers since Bond. The charts are going to need some time to grow on me, but I wasn't left cold like a few previous seasons efforts.

And, to echo everyone else . . .filthy dirty right now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not a real big fan of the breakdown section with the "here is my rifle" stuff . . .but I guess it will be a little moment for the high school kids to play with, kind of like "fight club".

Aside from that, definitely best I've seen out of the Cavaliers since Bond. The charts are going to need some time to grow on me, but I wasn't left cold like a few previous seasons efforts.

And, to echo everyone else . . .filthy dirty right now.

I'm happy about the bolded part of your statement. I, too, have felt completely unaffected by the last few years.

I'm happy about the bolded part of your statement. I, too, have felt completely unaffected by the last few years.

If you haven't seen it yet . . .it's definitely a different sort of Cavaliers show. There is very much a WGI vibe in the preshow and "rifle" bits, but there are some real things to like this year, especially the potential volume wise. :tongue:

"Bawker: Furthermore, if the show entertains you, who cares what the score is? "

100% agreed!!

Competition is great, it pushes the envelope and pushes us to better ourselves and expect more of ourselves, but if you let it consume you and steal your identity then you've gone too far. Yes everyone wants to win, but ultimately only one group is going to take that trophy (unless somehow a tie occurs), so does that mean everyone else is a failure? No way.

Honestly I would much rather have a season where my favorite corps loses, but has an amazing show, lots of great competition with amazing shows as well, and the kiddos have an awesome experience than to win and have none of that. Now if we could have both that would be even better, but ultimately it doesn't really matter, that's just icing on top of the cake (in this case the cake is NOT a lie). :)

just watched the show and i must say, thats pretty MAD. i think itll be the craziest thing if they could have the whole corps do a rifle toss haha

cuz "this is my rifile" seems to be the running theme. i like it! but the show needs alot of work, its pretty challenging. I LOVE that they're using smile as their ballad. thats one of my all time favorite songs.

Just watched the show on FN and I have to say that the Cavies show was the only one to make me smile. I really like this show. I just wish they would play more of the mad world music and instead of the recorded this is my rifle in the pre-show. Why not have the men do it live? IMHO this show will be a fan favorit. If one could get the crowd to say boom shack-a-lacka (sp) at the right time that would work great.

Dean

If they add, clean and layer---they will be okay.......

I recall in 2005, a certain corps that opened with a 70.3.....they were then 4 points behind the Cavaliers on 6/20/05.....They went on to tie the highest final score in DCI history as they won a title......Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season ?

Well, we kind of belie.......aww crap, I cant even lie about that. We thought we were pretty terrible, the show was ridiculous, and we had no idea what was happening. All I remember after getting four pointed by the cavies that night was going to a taco bell and getting one of those blue mountain dews. It was all uphill from there :thumbup:

Have the Cavies folded yet?

• 1 month later...