Incomplete Shows

If I go to an early season show, I fully expect to see a lower quality, dirty performance than what the corps will do in August. Duh.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have problems with this then just don't go in June, July, or even early August.

Or make a statement that corps with incomplete shows don't get paid and go on first. You still get to see an incomplete show. But I bet what would happen is corps would not wait until sometime in July to finish their show.

As far as rewrites. I'm baffled that people can equate a show rewrite with an incomplete show.

I feel that it would be really great if we can just enjoy what each corps is trying to do and stop the gripes about matters like this.

I wish we could stop the gripes about just about everything on this site. It seems that if someone so much as breathes the wrong way there is going to be a BACK IN MY DAY and KIDS THESE DAYS and DRUM CORPS IS DYING thread will pop up. Seriously in the 3 years I've been on this site I can't remember so much griping about anything and everything in such a short amount of time.

I guess it boils down to this. None of the shows that came out unfinished this season will be the hardest (or even top 3 hardest) shows on the field. So what's their excuse?

Or make a statement that corps with incomplete shows don't get paid and go on first. You still get to see an incomplete show. But I bet what would happen is corps would not wait until sometime in July to finish their show.

As far as rewrites. I'm baffled that people can equate a show rewrite with an incomplete show.

The premise of all of the arguments were that fans were somehow cheated as they did not get full value for their experience and therefore the corps should not get paid.

So if a corps rewrites all or major segments of the show how is that somehow absolved from that premise?

If you don't pay the corps then why would they care to even travel to these shows. Hmmm.. so lets just advocate fewer early season show then, right?

Again, if it bothers you they just don't go. As many others have stated, the shows in the early season were either unfinished or really too rough for their tastes so they waited until later in the season to attend shows. Other that just cannot wait to hear a drum corps drum-line play 8 on a hand will go to a March camp. To each his own.

If you don't pay the corps then why would they care to even travel to these shows.

My statement is simple.

You either enjoy and tolerate incomplete shows or you don't. I don't.

Hurting a corps in the pocket for an incomplete show is a ridiculous idea. :tongue:

Cleaning a show is a continuous process. Most corps will do major changes to their shows in early July based on the scores and fan reaction in June. What looks good on paper in April doesn't necessarily work out real well in mid-June. There are other factors that affect the "incomplete" show. For example, look at the Colts early in the year this year. They had monsoons in Iowa during their everydays and weren't able to complete or clean their show before beginning the season. They were penalized because their show wasn't clean but it certainly not because the staff didn't plan well.

We go to shows early, mid-season and the finals and really enjoy watching the progress each corps makes during the season. After all folks, this is not a life and death matter. It's a learning experience for the kids and an entertainment experience for the fans. Chill out and enjoy.

My statement is simple.

You either enjoy and tolerate incomplete shows or you don't. I don't.

No problem, I agree... and BTW do think this is a very good post thread so thank you for starting this.