Carolina Crown getting a little sloppy...

I saw this on the site not to be mentioned today, and was kind of saddened by what I saw. If you're going to do a parade, at least put some effort into it. And if the intention was to be laid back, then why go in full uniform? Half the corps is marching, half the corps isn't. I hate to say it becuase they are one of my favorite groups, but they get a FAIL for this one.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It was probably 100 degrees.

2. It's Madonna, not "Procession of the Nobles".

3. It's not as if it was judged, and no one around them that I see in the audience seems to really mind.

I get where you're coming from, but, heck, it's July 4th and they're just having a good time. We all did that too, back in the day. :smile:

Is that only half of the corps? Ya, the technique is really really bad. I agree, this would have felt much more appropriate if they'd been in shorts and a Crown shirt.

I saw this on the site not to be mentioned today, and was kind of saddened by what I saw. If you're going to do a parade, at least put some effort into it. And if the intention was to be laid back, then why go in full uniform? Half the corps is marching, half the corps isn't. I hate to say it becuase they are one of my favorite groups, but they get a FAIL for this one.

How dare you question G7 quality! ...?

If I were a parade organizer and paid good money to have a top 3 div 1 drum corps come play in my parade for the 4th of July, I would've expected a hell of a lot more than this.

You're not the Marching Pork Pistols from Pigsknuckle Arkansas. You're Carolina Crown. Act like it.

Bush league in my opinion.

Since we aren't dealing with a military unit whatsoever (not even the uniform carries very much influence), I'm not sure how Crown can be criticized for not being something that they aren't. College bands march in an equally relaxed style a great deal of the time. High school bands do the same. But when it comes to drum corps (or highly competitive marching bands), there is an expectation that everything be very prim and proper. There's gotta be a correlation people assume between talent and poise. However, when you're playing Madonna, entertaining the crowd, and having a great time celebrating Independence Day, it's very hard for anyone to make an argument for a lack of military bearing. Especially when there is no requirement for said military bearing.

I'm sure no one's questioning Crown's ability to stay in line forms or march with impecable technique. Obviously, sitting in the Top 3, they can!

No we didn't!

No, nobody did that back in the day. Very bad bearing. Even high school bands try to stay in step and show some sort of bearing.

1. It was probably 100 degrees.

2. It's Madonna, not "Procession of the Nobles".

3. It's not as if it was judged, and no one around them that I see in the audience seems to really mind.

I get where you're coming from, but, heck, it's July 4th and they're just having a good time. We all did that too, back in the day. :smile:

bawker, no we DIDN'T :ph34r:

That was pretty bad!

I do forgive them though. :lol:

If I were a parade organizer and paid good money to have a top 3 div 1 drum corps come play in my parade for the 4th of July, I would've expected a hell of a lot more than this.

You're not the Marching Pork Pistols from Pigsknuckle Arkansas. You're Carolina Crown. Act like it.

Bush league in my opinion.

Ditto!